Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / map selection problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2005 04:49
Program : DB Pro

I am making a boardgame, where thet map is irregular. The image had been placed onto a 3D rectangle, which the user can rotate around and zoom into. The thing I am having difficulty with, is allowing the user to select a region of the map. I just can't work out how to do it. Can I get any pointers from anyone who may have come across a similar problem.

also, I was going to put the playing peices on the board as "limbs" of the board, so that they rotated with the board. Would this be an easy task ?
Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2005 06:31
Heya, if you want to retrieve the x,y and z co-ordinates have a look here to see if it is any help
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=41603&b=6
Good Luck
Mystery Coffee Drinker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2005 21:46
Heya Baggers, I've been looking at the dll, but can't figure out how i'm going to get the X,Y,Z co-ords of the part of the model selected by the user (clicked on with mouse, in case that wasn't assumed!)

M.C.D
Mystery Coffee Drinker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2005 05:44
I've just done a test, where I had 2 objects, one with the map on it, and another with a colour coded image on it. My idea was to swap the objects (keeping same rotation etc), check the colour under the pointer using point(x,y) and then swapping objects back before syncing (sp?) the screen. However, the point(x,y) command ignored the 3d object altogether, and just grabbed the colour of the backdrop. Anyone know of a way to pick up the colour value on a 3d object ?

M.C.D
Mystery Coffee Drinker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2005 22:21
don't mind me... I had my test co-ordinates wrong, and was actually testing the background

but, during my test, I found out that the point(x,y) command only picks up what is actually on screen, and not the changes made before a sync.

NEW REQUEST : I hope that the changes done to the screen is held in some kind of buffer before a sync command, is there some way of probing that buffer (perhaps using a memblock?) to get colour info ?

M.C.D

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 10:11:39
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 10:11:39