Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Guide to Apollo forums for newcomers

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2005 06:34 Edited at: 17th Jan 2005 07:02
I just decided to post this for all the newcomers so that their is less clutter in the forums.

1) When you first register your account in TGC you will be allowed to use the forums with a limited account, where the moderators will check all posts you make before they go through so other people can view your threads. This will last for about a month then your account will allow you to post without having moderators check all your posts. This is a necessary measure to reduce all the spam that Apollo has received in the past.

2) For images in your signature or any post you make for that matter, your need inclose a web image in image brackets

3) To include hyperlinked text or images you need to use the following code: (This will work for both signature and posting)
For images:

For text

4) Having links in your sig or any message that will log a person out of the TGC forums is not allowed

5) To get the best results when posting use proper english, and make sure none of what you are posting is inappropriate, as these are public forums.

6) Please remember that this is not an instant messanger, if you have posted a question and you check 2 hours later and its not answered dont say "WHY ISNT ANY1 HELPING?" just wait for another day or two and do some research of your own, most questions you ask have already been answered by someone.

7) The forums are here to help you, so be patient. Patience is a virtue.

8) When making a thread, make sure you put a meaningful title. Example: instead of having a tile "Help me, help me, help me", explain what help you need like "Need help with 3D positioning". Not only will this make people want to help you more, but it will help people when searching the titles of the forum.

If their is anything that I am missing please tell me and I will be sure to add it.

Click sig for DarkBASIC Network IDE.
Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2005 06:51
Nicly put, also i'd add a..
6) Please remember that this is not an instant messanger, if you have posted a question and you check 2 hours later and its not answered dont say "WHY ISNT ANY1 HELPING?" just wait for another day or two and do some research of your own, most questions you ask have already been answered by someone.

Well thats my 2-penneth-worth, good thread though
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2005 06:57
good point, all add in a minute

Click sig for DarkBASIC Network IDE.
Thanatos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2005 07:05
This should be stickied, it would definately help the newb's.

Working with 1tg46 on DarkBASIC Network.
Coming along great.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 09:20:55
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 09:20:55