Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Glue object to limb doens't work, object doesn't even show up

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2005 05:20
Ive done alot of readings on the problem of using lock objects so ive decided to go by glueing limbs. But the code seems to execute fine, but i dont see my gun model anywhere at all on the the object i glued it to and its really puzzling me.
Heres the actual file with source code and models , i really need help on figuring out what i did wrong. BTW i use dark basic classic.

http://www.rocketsoft.gm-school.uni.cc/uploads/sourcecode.zip

its only 48kb
thanks.

"All creators of a game, have the true name"
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2005 06:20
I can't check it right now as I am at work. Make sure you are offsetting the limb however much you positioned it though. When you add it at a limb it puts it at the object you added it to's position. If it was 5 units right of the object you're adding it to you need to set the limb offset to 5 units right. Like offset limb objnum, limbnum, 5, 0, 0

Here is a clickable link for anyone who may want to try and help you before I get home.

http://www.rocketsoft.gm-school.uni.cc/uploads/sourcecode.zip

This one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2005 06:56
Thanks , i sure hope you can find a solution to the problem.

"All creators of a game, have the true name"
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2005 16:00
Can you post a screen shot of how you want that to look? The gun and hand is way bogger than the cube. I'll see what I can come up with. I only have DBP though I didn't see the DBC in your first post. I would think that would be pretty much the same code though.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 09:25:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 09:25:11