Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / I need help making an RPG game.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am making a game called The Legend of Gaultilda. I definately need some help on making the characters. I don't know how to "Mold" or "deform" objects. My Video Card doesn't support vertex shaders or pixel shaders. Is there any other way to make, say for example, wrinkles on a character's face with Nvidea Geforce 2? Someone please tell me if this is to long or if this will take up too much time.
The Game Programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2005 10:49
What other games have you made besides an attempted RPG, did you start with a pong, or did you start with QUAKE 4. If it was the quake, then you need to be smaller, like pong at the top of this board, then pacman, something simple, you'll lean faster and more effectively.and you won't hate the language cause you can't do it.

Well, I'm trying aren't I.....

When Life gives you lemons make orange juice. Then sit back and wonder how it was done.
The admiral
Years of Service
User Offline
Ya you need to start small. Doing things like dynamic charachter aging isnt an easy thing to code. But If you just want to model some people then you could use bump maps on their face although they cant be animated so maybe just model and texture in wrinkles.

[href]www.vapourhost.com/~flyer[/href]
jack386
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2005 06:42
hey swapfox,
i am new as well and i wanted to make an RPG but i have a freind who has some models i could get. I have a few guns and a soldier guy so we could work on this together the only problem is.. do you have MSN as it would be easy to talk about it over that. Anyway i would like to help so if you want we can both make one. What sort of RPG is this, a future one or an old fashion one etc.
Jack

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 09:16:44
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 09:16:44