Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / DBP Mario/Other side scroller examples

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am working on my first 2d side scrolling game and I cant seem to find any good examples where the charater can jump and such. Could anybody point me to an example please?
No budget games
Years of Service
User Offline
There is a lack of 2d tutorials id say just search the forum but im not sure there is anything.

famdylan
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes I found a few half finished projects but nothing that really explained this does this - to help me understand the physics of jumping or anything

I learn best from examples
Dodo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2005 01:16
well, jumping is really quite simple. Firstly, you need a collision system so that your player doesn't go through the floor. Then, you need a gravity system so your player goes down again. Then ,You just need to propell your player into the air and the other systems will do the rest.

Hope you understand this.

Part of solving the problem is actually noticing that the problem is there in the first place

No budget games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2005 03:28 Edited at: 20th Jan 2005 03:29
which is very easy using sprite collision basically
if sprite collison mario,ground then some code which would stop mario going through the ground possibly move sprite mario,0 but im not to sure its suprising how little 2d\sprite knowledge i have.

Cryptoman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2005 05:38
I have a unfinished side scroller project. Its really messy and improperly coded and the jump has fake gravity.
It may help for an example. The demo is here:http://www.ajtaji.ath.cx/loststuperplumberbros.sfx.exe

Take a look at it. If you like it, I'll send the code to ya to learn from, as long as you don't give it to anyone else. I'm going to clean it up and finish it someday.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 09:24:08
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 09:24:08