Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Whos gonna buy FPSC?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2005 21:42
seems like it

congratulations

Don't eat yellow snow!
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2005 21:54
I don't know, but has it been confirmed if FPSC will be on sale in stores, or just a mail order/online deal.

I can imagine a lot of people trying it out after being dissapointed with a couple of games, like they might spot it and take a look, then decide one day to buy it instead of buying yet another game.

The thing is that most people won't come along with a preset idea, they'll pick it up and experiment before deciding on a storyline or setting.

Van-B

It's c**p being the only coder in the village.
Chimera
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2005 22:01
Quote: "The thing is that most people won't come along with a preset idea, they'll pick it up and experiment before deciding on a storyline or setting."

And that's when the forum get's spammed by bad, crap games...

Don't eat yellow snow!
nemo85
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2005 22:06
I imagine it would eventually be in selected sotres, i purchased my copy of T3DGM at PC World (here in the UK) so if that was available in the shops i bloody well hope FPSC will be!

The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2005 22:12
Well when im gonna make a game in FPSC(already have the story line and 1 level ready) im always think of a storyline before starting on the game. And i will hope most other people`s will do so we dont get crap games

looking for Royalty free 3D objects?
then Check PanzerGames at this link : http://www.freewebs.com/panzergames
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2005 22:47 Edited at: 26th Jan 2005 22:48
Well theres no accounting for taste. What one person thinks is good another will think of as bad. Everyones entitled to their opinion and quite rightly so.

The point of FPSC as far as TGC I believe is for it to be a product that anyone can pick up and make a game with - good or bad.

Personally I may not like some games that people make but I would never I can assure you ever knock anyone for trying and say so on this Forum. I respect other people and that all will have differing skill levels at gamemaking, I respect too their effort and what they spend their time on creating.

I would never suggest that a particular persons game should be given less priority than another persons in how or where it should be displayed. I dont think I got the morale right. How would you like that happening to you?

Though I will definately be critical of anything I make myself.

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2005 00:52
Quote: "I don't know, but has it been confirmed if FPSC will be on sale in stores, or just a mail order/online deal."

EA release will be on-line only (except to people in France.. it's a long story). V1 release will be both on-line and boxed. As each regions publisher picks up the rights it'll appear in shops around the world, as with our other products. DarkBASIC for example is published in the UK by Fast Trak, in Germany by CDV, in the US by Enteractive, etc etc. Each publisher has their own arrangements re: shops that carry their goods.

Cheers,

Rich

Super Joe crack combat soldier fights a long battle against overwhelming odds.
French gui
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2005 01:06
Quote: "EA release will be on-line only (except to people in France.. it's a long story)"

So, living in France, I will not be able to play with the EA version?
I'm disgusted....

Sorry for my English...
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2005 01:09 Edited at: 27th Jan 2005 01:09
Quote: "So, living in France, I will not be able to play with the EA version?"

Correct. The French publisher has exclusive rights to it which prevents sale to anyone living in France for the EA version.

Super Joe crack combat soldier fights a long battle against overwhelming odds.
French gui
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2005 01:12 Edited at: 27th Jan 2005 03:01
ok, I go back playing Maple Story, in 4 or 5 months I think I could reach level 50.
Bye to all...

Sorry for my English...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 11:58:38
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 11:58:38