Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / arcade shooter

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
First things first, I'm new and only using the demo version right now, but plan on picking this up ASAP.

Ok, I want to make an arcade style shooter... overhead view, and a good size level with bad guys to destroy.. I know DBP can handle BSP maps... would this be a good idea to create the levels this way? and being new to BSP.. what exactly is it? can I add lights to items in the map? what about shadows, will they be made automagicly by DBPRO?

I guess I'm just making sure DBP will allow me to do what I want to do.

Thank you for all your help

Thats my girlfriend over to the left, don't tell my wife.
Mr Pointless
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2005 04:56
BSP is the file format used by games like Quake or Half-Life. The maps are basically used as levels in first-person shooters. You might be able to use BSP maps in your shooter, but it depends on what type of shooter it is. (It's not going to be much use in a game set entirely in space).

If you want to make the maps have a look in this site's shop for Cartography Shop.

Originality is not dead, it just has an annoying tendency to fall asleep without setting the alarm clock
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2005 06:20
.bsp's are notoriously hard to get working in dbp... But there are still ways of doing what you want. Shadows are also a bit uncertain, but they can be faked if the set shadow shading command doesn't work too well for you.

So yup, it is all possibly, but probably using stuff you won't have considered yet.

http://www.dbspot.com/NYC
New years competition... Fo Shizzle.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 10:18:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 10:18:16