Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / So can I do these things with the SDK?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello there...I fiddled around with DBPro for a while a year ago, but the way DPB handled plugins made me give up on the engine. Did like the way you had to dork around with the things to pass information between them, and the fact I couldn't poke and prod the engine directly with my DLLs made me pretty much give up.

I was suprised when I came back and the SDK was released. Was asking for something similar to this right before I left. Something like 'It'd be great if they just released the uncompiled source for this so I can make the changes I want.'

I'm pretty sure this ISN'T just uncompiled source, but can I tweak the inner workings of the engine with the SDK? I understand if I break it I have to keep both pieces.

I've not a great C programming, but Is this just like an include file then bam I have DBP in my C compiler? Is this something like if Its broken I'm stuck with it tell TGC fixes it?

Instead of using the Directplay stuff, would it be possible for me to just use C's TCP/IP commands?

Ralen
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2005 19:52
Quote: "Is this something like if Its broken I'm stuck with it tell TGC fixes it?
"

Yes - its not open source (quite correctly).

Quote: "Instead of using the Directplay stuff, would it be possible for me to just use C's TCP/IP commands?"

If you want, but then you lose many of the features of DirectPlay.

Ralen
Years of Service
User Offline
Is that a yes it can be tweaked, but its not just straight source?

Ralen
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2005 22:23
No, its a yes that you have to wait until its fixed.

billy the kid
Years of Service
User Offline
Or just rewrite it yourself. The nice thing about DGSDK is that it doesnt really force you to use any of the functions, except a couple core ones. So if something doesnt work or doesnt work the way you want it to, nothing is stopping you from rewriting it yourself. Although I agree that if something is bugged, they should fix it ASAP.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:23:05
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:23:05