Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Learn to spell!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2005 07:39
David is wrong, becus Im 16 nd I spel lik a pro!

Guns arn't the problem, people are the problem, shoot all the people and guns arn't a problem anymore.
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2005 05:28
Ya... Mr I spelled "pain" wrong.

Yarr join teh New and Improved LoGD!
Mr Pointless
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2005 05:31 Edited at: 29th Jan 2005 05:33

He's using that spelling like a real name, like Payne's that do the sweets. I remember seeing a poster for a film called Major Payne when it came out on video, too, so that could have "inspired" his username too.

About the sweets: I forgot you're in the US, so I don't know if Payne's do sweets/candy/whatever over there.

Originality is not dead, it just has an annoying tendency to fall asleep without setting the alarm clock
French gui
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2005 06:06 Edited at: 29th Jan 2005 06:08
Quote: "here's an easy-to-use guide, everyone!
"

I have a trouble with would,could and should. Can you add it to your guide? (seriously)

Qnd if I hqve q AZERTY/QWERTY trouble zith ;y keyboqrd zill I be flq;edM

Sorry for my English...
DrakeX
Years of Service
User Offline
"I have a trouble with would, could and should. Can you add it to your guide? (seriously)"

sure.

WOULD:

'would' is used to show a hypothetical situation; that is, something that can't or may not happen in the real world for whatever reason. for example, "if i were you, i would go to the doctor." i am not you, so i can't go to the doctor for you. i'm just making the suggestion.

SHOULD:

should is used for polite suggestions or predictions. for example, "it should rain soon." that means that someone predicted that it would rain today, and you're expecting it to do so. another example is "he should tell someone about that." that is, we're suggesting politely that he tell someone.

COULD:

could can mean hypothetical abilities, or the past tense of "can." example: "if i could jump a foot higher, i would be able to reach it." i can't really jump a foot higher, but if i were able to jump a foot higher, i would be able to reach it. another example: "i couldn't come last night." simply, i wasn't able to come last night.

from your name, i'm guessing you're french if you have any trouble with "would, could or should," just remember: subjonctif. in english, there are no special verb endings like in french; instead, we use words like "would, could, and should" to express those hypothetical feelings towards actions.

"when it's done" means "we have no idea, we forgot to do that; we were hoping you would all forget we promised <insert exotic promise here>"
Osiris
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2005 14:10

no matter how you look at it, it all adds up to 15

French gui
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2005 19:32
Thank Drake!!!

Sorry for my English...

Login to post a reply