Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Can i make my own objects

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i haven't bought any programs yet but im thinking about buying DarkBASIC. With DarkBASIC can you make your own 3D objects and use them or do all the objects and items have to come from those previously made and saved.

BEE-ri-un
Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2005 07:40
Well... yes and no
Yes: You can use your own objects
No: You cant make then in DarkBasic, you have to use a modeler, Have a look in the stickies in the "3 Dimensional Chat" board for examples of such modelers.
Hope that helps
Ric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2005 09:09
And there are free modelling programs around, too.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2005 09:17
and get dbp its a lot better

Video games…they can take you places unreachable, impossible, unfeasible. They put you in the book...they put you in the movie...they put you in a world, a world that before could only be imagined.
Foxy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2005 19:07
With DarkBASIC you can make the primatives such as cubes, spheres, boxes (or rectangular prisms), plains and cones. Using these primitives is the better way to go when your just beginning because problems can arise from importing custom 3D objects. Once you get the hang of the 3D controls in DarkBASIC importing becomes much easier.

Good luck.

If I were you and you were me, then you'd be yourself 'cos you are me and I am you.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 10:24:07
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 10:24:07