Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / enemies question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2005 07:13 Edited at: 30th Jan 2005 20:23
Can there be an infinite spawn point?
example:

This would be a minigame thing. There's a door in front of you. There's a [1|small table] behind you. On it is three weapons: rocket launcher, pistol, machine gun. [2|The pistol has infinite ammo]. [3|The others don't.] [4|Then, from the door, comes six enemies of random types.] Another [5|random enemy type comes for each original enemy you kill. (from the spawn point)] That way, you have infinite enemies coming at you. [6|It also keeps your score and saves it in a high score table if it's a high score.]

There. A semidetailed minigame. The numbers mean, is this possible? If someone could answer those, thanks. I'll put them in a list below with a bit more detail.

The numbers correspond to the numbers in the paragraph.

1| small table (I could import my own, but is it included as well as the large one in the media?)

2| weapons with infinite ammo.

3| sorry I know you can do this! I didn't realize that when I was typing and I didn't feel like changing all the numbers !

4| spawning more than one enemie of DIFFERENT TYPES from the same spawn point

5| Another enemie (of random type) being spawned after killing one (one kill makes one enemy)

6| High score table (with multiple slots) or "this computers highest score" where it only shows one. If you can do the one with multiple slots, can you have it as OPTIONAL to put your score into it, like you need to press a button located at the Game Over screen?

Thanks!

I don't want a signature.
Noldor
Years of Service
User Offline
I want to know this to. Is there any form of spawnpoint were one can have enemys appear?
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2005 09:18
Anyone able to answer this?
Anime civil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2005 13:50
isn't that kinda boring? Anyways, you have a trigger point that activates when let's say obj_enemy dies, and when the enemy dies, another enemy is created on instance at x,y,z, where-ever you want.

Animecivil
Noldor
Years of Service
User Offline
@AnimeCivil
STOP answering questions with coding tips.
We are NOT talking about "DarkBasic" Pro we are talking
about "FPScreator".
You do this in every thread.
Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2005 22:31
Agreed. However I did want to know whether or not you could have a spawn point for enemehs.

Don't F**king cuss!
Noldor
Years of Service
User Offline
I want to know that to. But i dont want to know how to code them in
DBP.
Maby one of the beta testers can answer this?
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2005 02:21
So whats the answer to the question?
Anime civil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2005 05:46
MY answer, which has basicall yno codes. There is no other way than to code this. How would the computer know what you want to do? That's why you have to program it.

Animecivil
Noldor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2005 06:15 Edited at: 28th Jan 2005 06:17
Well this forum is about an application that is called "First Person shooter creator" that lets you create fps game without any coding.
We are all asking questions about what the "First Person shooter creator" can do.
We are not asking questions about what you can code?
So do you get it now "Animecivil"?
We are not interested in coding we want to know about FPSC.

Quote: "trigger point that activates when let's say obj_enemy dies, and when the enemy dies, another enemy is created on instance at x,y,z,"

For example, we dont even know (and you dont either) if the scripting in FPSC work this way.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2005 08:47
The question is simple. Actually two questions :

Q. Can you spawn an enemy in FPSC by using an in built action and applying that to an enemey entity?

A. Yes or No?

Q. Can you spawn an enemy in FPSC by FPI scripting and applying that to an enemey entity?

A. Yes or No?

Anime civil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2005 08:50
Quote: "For example, we dont even know (and you dont either) if the scripting in FPSC work this way."

That can be done un an ULTIMATE BASIC coding strategy, and if fpsc can't do that, then I don't know what it CAN do :p

An enemy attacking sscript is more complicated than the spawning one

Animecivil
Noldor
Years of Service
User Offline
Thats my point you dont know what it can do.
Still you come here with answers that realy
only helps people that code in DBP.
Anime civil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2005 09:27
coding is universal, not only in dbpro . Actually, this might sound funny, but I find C++ easier than dbpro lamguage, haha

Animecivil
Coldnews
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2005 21:30
no offence animecivil but ur irritating.

-------------------------------------
www.ColdNews.co.uk - the worlds first solo band.
Noldor
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes but this forum is about FPSC a program that requires no coding.
eshhh there is just no resoning with you.

WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN HOW TO CODE !!
Anime civil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2005 00:31
if you're not, then you will have a crappy game with an AI trying to chase after you by trying to go through walls.

Animecivil
Noldor
Years of Service
User Offline
Well i will be happy with that.
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2005 00:44
Quote: " no offence animecivil but ur irritating."

Irritating is an understatement.

I work with adolescents every day. My best guess, this guy is 14-17 years old. Definitely American. Hasn't done too well in his Language Arts classes.

Bottom line…textbook example of a troller.
Noldor
Years of Service
User Offline
You are so right Fdecker.
(glad someone finaly said it)
Cloud of Crows Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Bottom line…textbook example of a troller. "

His avatar seems appropriate for his behavior as well (flamer)
Chimera
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2005 03:29
pogo pogo, as soon as you said this:

Quote: "His avatar seems appropriate for his behavior as well (flamer) "

I realised that people judge you by your avatar, so I'm going to change this stupid puppy...

Don't eat yellow snow!
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2005 03:51
Back on topic, you can set spawn points for enemies - and I *think* a setting of 0 is infinite.

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
Noldor
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool thanks for the answer "David T"
Noldor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2005 08:31 Edited at: 29th Jan 2005 08:32
Quote: "That can be done un an ULTIMATE BASIC coding strategy, and if fpsc can't do that"

Btw "Animecivil" what do you mean with "an ULTIMATE BASIC coding strategy"???
Anime civil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2005 10:15 Edited at: 29th Jan 2005 10:29
Quote: "Definitely American"

Europe, dont EVER judge people unless you know them.

Second of all, I make spelling mistakes because I type this up in about 10 seconds.

Third of all, dont ever tell me that "THIS FORUM IS NON CODING ONLY", because NOWHERE in this forum does it say its non coding.

After all, I am entitled to my oppinion, and I will stick to this.

The reason why I do this is because I have been working with game design and website design for many years now, and I have been on many forums, and most people who really make me angry are the noobs, and you people remind me of them.

The people usually buy a $200 dollar drag and drop engine, thinking they will make the Next doom 3, and then they ask questions like, "How can I make the enemy shoot 3 supermissles, then they transport to the begginging of the level, make force fiels appear in front of them, 20 000 spaceships fly down and attack the player, and make meteroids fall out of the sky using drag and drop?"

Though the answer is that it cannot be done in drag and drop, but only in coding, and then 500 noobs ar edissapointed and start getting upset because they thought they can make the next big thing using drag and drop, so dont tell em that I am wrong, because I have experience with this for some time now, and yes, I understand that most people ask about drag and drop, and you people can answer in your drag and drop theory, but I will answer in mine also, just so the user doesnt get any suprises when he/she recieves his/her program.

Animecivil
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2005 11:34
Europe? Ya, right.

Give me a break, huh? Yes, I'm sure using terms like "anyways" and "whatever" are European. LOL!

No. In fact, you are an American teenager whose parents have given you a PC with broadband access (to both your and thier detriments). You hide behind alias' and screen names and invade forums with your trolling and flaming behavior because you can't find the validation you're looking for outside of cyberspace.

Here's my advice and you can take it or leave it (considering your age range, I predict you'll leave it):

1. Accept who you are and make the best of it. High school will be over before you know it and the criteria to "be someone" you now see as so all important will vanish.

2. Stop trolling on this forum and making a complete ass of yourself. If you're not interested in discusing FPSC and/or the issues related to the FPSC community, then by all means go back to AOL or where ever you came from and engage in your pointless banter there.
Anime civil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2005 15:26 Edited at: 29th Jan 2005 15:34
Second of all, **** you, I AM from europe, Slovakia, but I dont tink you have the intelligence, so I will give you a clue, it is eastern Europe, second of all, I left Europe when I was 9, came to Canada, learned english, and for your information, I am a website designer, and I never flood any posts, and I have the right to say what I want.

Basically, you people here are totally screwed, because when I say

"Meaby try iusing a code, tha tmight help"

that get's you awfully mad for some reason. Second of all, I am 14, and though you are about 30 or I dont know how old you are, you should know this is a standard word for my age.

Second of all, I dont think you get out of your country often. Kids in my country, use slang words even more than in Canada, and the US.

Quote: "1. Accept who you are and make the best of it. High school will be over before you know it and the criteria to "be someone" you now see as so all important will vanish."

I have things to do, future set out, and I dont think I will hang at a game making forum if I'm 30, so please, if you want to offend someone, look at yourself first.

Animecivil
Chimera
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2005 16:02 Edited at: 29th Jan 2005 16:02
I'm with fdecker, who else?

Don't eat yellow snow!
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2005 17:11
Quote: "I am a website designer,... I am 14"

Anyway all of you stop with the arguing, what does it matter if somebody is from Europe or America. We all know which one's better*

*leves everybody to work out which one

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
Noldor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2005 20:53 Edited at: 29th Jan 2005 20:54
What matters is that he insist on comming on this forum telling us that he has the right to answer our questions about FPSC with how we should code it in c++ (or any other language)
He does not have the brain to realise that we don't want his coding tips. We are trying to figure out what we will be able to do
with FPSC. (With no coding)
If he thinks that we are loosers because we want to use FPSC instead
of coding then tough luck.
He is just jelous about the fact that he couldnt code anything better then what we will be able to do with FPSC.
He thinks he deserevs some kind of recognition for
using pure code and not drag and drop....
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2005 21:23
The proof of the pudding is in the eating. Talk is cheap.

Everyone is welcome to show their game productions off to the world and support their EGO.

Soon FPSC users will have that option.

"Your" game will say it all.........no need for words..........

........just plug and play.
Chimera
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2005 22:45
uman... you rock! nicely said

Don't eat yellow snow!
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 08:07
Rock on
Anime civil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 08:48 Edited at: 30th Jan 2005 08:50
No, you do not know me. I am not thinking you people are dumb, nor do I think I am smarter than you. I have said some bad things in the past, but that is the past. I am sorry for saying those things, and I will not recomend any coding tips anymore, and of course, as Uman said, we will see by the games made.

Of course, I will not be the one to make the best game, due to the fact that we need to follow the rules of reality.

It's always the quiet guy who makes the best game, the guy who nobody knows about, so we will see who that is.

Velocity Designs - Coming Soon
Cloud of Crows Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "It's always the quiet guy who makes the best game, the guy who nobody knows about, so we will see who that is."

Holy crap! This is the most intelligent observation I have seen you display. Who are you and what did you do with animecivil... on second thought nevermind I like you better. jk!

Seriously guy if you ever get the urge to just blurt out something come back and read what you have just written up there. That's pretty good stuff.

Sadly I'm not very quiet.. at least not around here
ah well I still have big dreams

PS - if this is a new chilled out and cooler version of you then I take back every terrible thing I picked at you about. Everybody should get along. Life is too short
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 09:55
Perhaps as with most things we can we learn something from each other. I am sure that I can learn a lot from other people here - and will learn from seeing other peoles games when made. They may be people who want to get into the scripting side of FPSC or those who dont. Many people from differing persuations in game making have something valid to say or a valid staement to make in their gamemaking. I try to keep my mind open to all opinions and meanwhile learn from everything I see made.

Hopefully I will also have something to contribute that may be of help to others too.

Anime civil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 11:38
, meaby someone can learn somethign from me too....err, on second thought, never mind

Velocity Designs - Coming Soon
Chimera
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 18:50 Edited at: 30th Jan 2005 18:51
I will be pleased to see the games made by these guys: coldnews, franken kyle, pogo pogo, anime civil, mada chief, uman, noldor, the nerd. And anyone else who's active on these boards and who I forgot (I haven't mentioned the mods, they also)

Let's see if we, active users can beat the quiet ones

Don't eat yellow snow!
Noldor
Years of Service
User Offline
I know i will try.
nemo85
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 22:53
I dunno where i fit in the whole outspoken/vs quiet members of the forum, perhaps somewhere in the middle, anywho all i know is that im gonna give it a go and try and make the most out of FPSC.

Cloud of Crows Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Me too

I secured the domain name last night and did some basic work on temp website (still have a lotttt more to do) so in a few days when the name is resolving and I have everything done and uploaded I'll post my game idea.

Hint - it's a sci-fi / horror FPS (like THAT's never been done before )

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

I know Noldor's got a thing for horror and judging from his wall template and trash can he'll have some pretty nice models and poking around uman's site produced some verrry interesting screencaps from previous efforts so that will be cool to see what mystery he has up his sleeve

Many of the other posters here seem to have a storyline idea and if nothing else a real passion for trying thier hand so who knows!?!
(not to mention our ever creative beta testers who are making my jaw drop almost every day *cough* Jasuk70 *cough* David T *cough* Coldnews
Noldor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 23:00 Edited at: 30th Jan 2005 23:01
Thanks "PogoPogo"
I do have a thing for horror.
There will be a horror/zombie fps
comming your way. I will start working
as soon as they release EA.
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 23:46
I'm thinking WWII game. Already have the story. I hope it will be awesome!

www.geocities.com/vgamestuff
Noldor
Years of Service
User Offline
i hope so to.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2005 08:25
You guys seem to be well ahead of me.

Think I said - dont expect anything (Complete game) from me until around 2006 or later - unless its some screenies or a small demo - maybe a training level mission or a multplayer level one if its in by then.

I am expecting to have to put a lot of time in even though we are talking FPSC here. I will try to use as many of my own (favourite) textures and some other content like speech and environmental audio and more of my own which have to be created/edited and so on which will take a lot of time. This as I would like a reasonably unique look.

I dont really know till I get FPSC and sum up what it all means, then I am likely to dissapear for a while (I'll be working away, i'll pop by to pick your brains of course) so you wont have to put up with me for much longer (for a while at least hopefully),

But........

i'll be back

OK then if you insist I may post some screenies ASAP...........see how it goes
Coldnews
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2005 15:23
Quote: "
Think I said - dont expect anything (Complete game) from me until around 2006 or later - unless its some screenies or a small demo - maybe a training level mission or a multplayer level one if its in by then."

I reckon u can do it quicker.

-------------------------------------
www.ColdNews.co.uk - the worlds first solo band.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2005 21:28
Faith is a great thing
Cloud of Crows Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You guys seem to be well ahead of me. "

Only in dreams my friend

I like to think BIG, but reality often crashes down hard when I look at how much work is ahead of me. I *hope* my game will be ready before 2006, but honestly if it is then it won't be of the caliber that I want to achieve.

Quote: "Faith is a great thing "

Amen!

The artist formerly known as PogPogo

Golgothica: An FPS Sci-Fi/Horror Game - www.Golgothica.com
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2005 23:33
Cloud of Crows Studios

The artist formerly known as PogPogo.

Is this you PogoPogo?