Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Violent stick-figure drawings put kids in cuffs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2005 13:24
Funny thing--- I've been hearing on the radio (because I'm a loser who listens to talk-radio in the car) that many Americans are trying to "flee" the U.S. and take "refugee" status inside of Canada!

Hahahaha!

Apparently Bush is so maniacal and crazy that they fear their LIFE to stay in that country. Bah humbug.

I just wish we would have voted in Stephen Harper from the Canadian Alliance. Every term we end up voting in some French dude because Eastern Canada love their French. Our vote out in the West means basically nothing. At least Harper and Co. got the official opposition.

--[GameBasic - Coming Soon]-- ^^^ banner generously designed by TheBigBabou
SageTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2005 13:39
hey, I got a great documentry Micheal Moore can make about himself, entitled : Cholesterol 911

Sage Tech Manager
Sol462
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2005 14:32
some people here may take that offensive, and watch it'd be the ones who would normally support you, or a mod. people have health issues, don't make fun of them.

coffee + monkeys + creativity = games
Operation Pineapple - Multiplayer FPS WIP
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2005 15:14 Edited at: 29th Jan 2005 15:14
Quote: " I don't know of anyone who did vote for Bush. I think he fixed the election."

My family voted for him, and I know 10+ people online who did. I have friends whose entire communities voted for him. Isn't it a bit odd to assume he fixed the selection because nobody in your specific social circle liked him? Birds of a feather flock together .

Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2005 15:46
Quote: "10-13 "

hah yeah i probably would have voted for batman when i was 10, not exactly logical, we aren't all sage tech administrators who think that friends are useless at 10 yrs old.

DrakeX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2005 22:11 Edited at: 29th Jan 2005 22:11
"They should let everyone vote in america that is capable of making logical decisions. aka...10-13 and older"

wait.. you're saying that 10-year-olds can make logical decisions? lol! just look at most of the posts on this forum!

"I don't know of anyone who did vote for Bush."

Bush won in my county, and in many of the surrounding counties, by more than 90%. i live in a very rural area, mind you. i take it you live in a more urban area?

"Apparently Bush is so maniacal and crazy that they fear their LIFE to stay in that country"

maybe whiny actors who do it just for publicity? i'm sorry, but i haven't heard of anybody, republican or democrat, who can honestly say that their quality of life has changed all that much over the past four years.

"when it's done" means "we have no idea, we forgot to do that; we were hoping you would all forget we promised <insert exotic promise here>"
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 00:08
Most 18 year olds in America (and probably around the world) aren't capable of making logical decisions. 10-13 year olds?

SageTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 00:09
if kids could vote, that would be a disaster. Most, no All kids (including me) have the same political views as thier parents until the teenage rebbellion thing comes into effect.

@ DrakeX

agreed

@ Uberwiggett

i tried your little friend making tip. hung out with a couple of old friends. That is until now, as they are having a birthday party
and having fun. As you can tell, i wasn't invited.

Sage Tech Manager
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 00:17
Quote: "Most, no All kids (including me) have the same political views as thier parents until the teenage rebbellion thing comes into effect."

At which point they gladly buy every little lie told to them by whichever group happens to be percieved as the underdog at the time. Most people don't really start thinking for a while after that, and I'd peg the average age well above 18.

SageTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 01:06
id say an apriopriate time to vote is when you pay tax, have a job, and take some sort of test to make sure the person voting isnt a complete idiot.

Sage Tech Manager
code spinneker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 01:18
Total idiot test= who would you vote for?
Answers= Idiot1=someone who says bush
Idiot2=Someone who says Kerry
Smart1=Someone who voted nader
Smart2=someone who say they won't vote!
10 uear olds should rule the world, think about it we wouldn't have to pay for anything again because they would make money illegal and everything would be free!
(MY FANTASY)
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 01:45
Quote: "they would make money illegal and everything would be free!"

TKF15H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 01:59
Quote: "and take some sort of test to make sure the person voting isnt a complete idiot."

Does that mean you hope never to vote, Sage?

AphoticVM status: 80% AphoticBasic status: 10%
Neofish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 05:23
Quote: "Smart2=someone who say they won't vote!"

No that person is more stupid than the other three...

Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 07:13
Quote: "tried your little friend making tip. hung out with a couple of old friends. That is until now, as they are having a birthday party
and having fun. As you can tell, i wasn't invited."

we don't invite you to parties on here either. Prolly something to do with your attitude towards the whole friends thing.

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 08:02
I don't agree with the "don't let kids vote" idea. Let *anyone* vote I say. As long as they pass a simple intelligence test (and not an IQ test - being able to visualise a textured cube from another angle does not make you able to pick the next leader of your country IMO) then send them in!

For example, my brothers friend (12 at the time) had some really interesting points about the different parties back in 1990. And yet, back when Labour where trying to get into power, my landlady (about 55 at the time) basically told me to vote for Labour! Fair enough, but why? (I haven't voted for any of them since 1991) Because that John Blair is going to build a hospital in the town (didn't have one then). Ok. Who is John Blair?... I mean Tony Major... aha..... So how are they going to afford to build it then asked her husband, considering the local council have published the figures, and there is no extra money.... erm, they will just be able to afford it. Yes, but where does the money come from. Something has to give up money, or we have to pay more. Again. Then followed half an hour of her husband explaining basic finance and the workings of the government etc. She stayed quiet all along. Then said "But you *have* to vote for Labour! At least they can't f**k the country up any worse!!!". Aha.....

Anyway, it doesn't matter who votes. The person with the most money, mixed with charisma, will win. Look at Blair. The other bloke looked and acted like your boring uncle. If he worked in a library. In 1832. And was asexual (look it up). And really liked bird watching.... Have everyone hating you because of Iraq, the state of the country etc? Doesn't matter... the main competition is either sweaty who ate all the pies boy, or middle age uncle of Dracula. Hmmmm....

Cheers

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing
Major Payn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 08:04 Edited at: 30th Jan 2005 08:09
I'm 16, I think politics suck because....

Polititions are liars, cheaters, and dirty bastards! They talk alot of crap to try and get themselves elected, but when they do, they just sit on their asses and hope for the best! They pass the stupidist laws just to please cetain people, in the hope of getting some votes, when in fact they are alienating the bulk of the population!

And here is why I think sissys polititions suck!...

"oh we can't have discipline in the schools, the kids could be emotionally damaged!" WHAT THE HELL! That is the #1 F**ing problem in our schools, A LACK OF DISCIPLINE! Kids need to get their asses whooped when they screw around, it teaches them not to do it the next time, now days what do we have "ISS, a student teacher confrence? A phone call?" WTF is that! The best thing to do when a kid acts up, would be to pull out old mr. paddle, he would sure settle the situation, but instead they get a slap on the wrist (not literally that would "emotionally harm the child") and they are sent on the way, I guesse that is why we got a bunch of "IM A THUG YO, MOTHER F**ker" brats runnin around. It is all because of these damn sissy liberal morons! "don't drill an oil well there, that is the habitat of the north american blind cockroach nooo!" OH SCREW THE DAMN COCKroach we need oil, unless you snap your fingers and turn every fossil fuel burning machine in the world, into electrically operated sissy mobiles, then we are going to drill wherever the hell we need! Ya know, I'm tired of hearing tree huggers trying to save the world, ya know what tree huggers, if ya want to save the world you might as well BLOW THE FREAKIN HUMAN RACE OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH. Oh and did I forget about the "don't eat meat, your a monster" people, because I could go on and on about them!

We wouldn't have all these kinds of numbnuts, if some of these politions had the balls to stand up for a particular view, instead they turn into rubber ass kissers, trying to please every little demographic to ever live on the face of the earth! "oh lets open up our borders, and let everybody come in, that will get us some hispanic votes!" it is that kind of mindset that freaking pisses me off!

"lets arrest those kids for making a violent stickfigure" WTF? Those kids should be gevin a damn sketchbook, and two crayons, one red, and the other black, so they can draw all the violent, grotesque imagery they can! I thought it was a free country? Guesse not, "you cant threaton a person" but you can sure kill off thousands of native americans, and stick them on useless reservations! Wow the american way.

Oh yeah, hmm let me turn on the TV "fox news channel the channel america trusts period" OH really, so you can speak for the millions of people encluding me, thats amazing! YEah right! All I see on there is that pompus ass Oriely, go on and on about his stupid website, and how much books he is selling, and they never say anything bad about bush, and anybody who does is beatin into submission by a mob of right wing morons with baseball bats (that would make for some good TV though ) .

Has america gone down the toilet? Probably not, we just need a president like Teddy to get us back on track, but that probably wont heppen, because nobody cares about the people of this country anymore, they only care about their own personal gain (or the rare one eyes alvino cockroach )

Guns arn't the problem, people are the problem, shoot all the people and guns arn't a problem anymore.
Sol462
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 08:11
good point. i hate conservatists. it's all about money. has been for thousands of years, and when it was abot religion (which it's turning into now), it was really about money, just falsified a little bit.

Major Payn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 08:12
If I was president, I would be assasinated withen 20 minutes, because unlike the polititions of today, I have balls.

Guns arn't the problem, people are the problem, shoot all the people and guns arn't a problem anymore.
Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 08:13 Edited at: 30th Jan 2005 08:14
Which is pretty much why I only ever voted once. And that was when I was extremely drunk. Me and my mates actually got told to put our beer cans down if we wanted to vote. Good memories...

Cheers

Note : This was posted just after the bloke who commented on how all politcs is crap..... a few crept in before it...

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing
Major Payn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 08:14
Cheers?

Talking about politics just got me mad, NO CHEERS FOR ME!

Sol462
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 08:20 Edited at: 30th Jan 2005 08:24
but you cant become president because it's all rigged before hand. know how they say 'Your vote counts."? it dosen't.
j/j. it could be though.
that leads to three things:
1. the world is how we see it and we're told the truth
2. we're constantly lied to and there are conspiricies going on behind our backs
or
3. i am the only person that thinks and everyone in the world (including y'all) are actors and everything in the world was planned in advance and that i have something important to do with my life (like save the world from an advanced alien civilization bent on destroying the human race).

keep in mind that im on acid here...at least i think i am.

DrakeX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 08:40 Edited at: 30th Jan 2005 08:41
"1. the world is how we see it and we're told the truth
2. we're constantly lied to and there are conspiricies going on behind our backs"

i think the truth falls somewhere in between, as with most things. i'm sure there are conspiracies, but then there are the conspiracy theorists who don't trust their own family members, lest they be members of some government scheme to control everyone.

"when it's done" means "we have no idea, we forgot to do that; we were hoping you would all forget we promised <insert exotic promise here>"
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 09:15
Er...

Right.

I think I'll withdraw here

Major Payn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 09:20
I needed some time to cool off from the anger that insued uppon my long post above, I think I'm ok now.

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 09:20
Yeah because you know America is doomed, right? I feel ya

CURRENT PROJECT: Chaos Hizzle Demo
Major Payn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 09:31
I'd move to Australia, but they would probably "ban" me, meh.

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 09:39 Edited at: 30th Jan 2005 09:40
Bush isn't a bad guy. He's just a bad president.

p.s
Weird case with the stick man drawing thing. If it were like that here, I would be in the Big house long ago. Me and my friends drew things MUCH worse then some sticks killing another sticks. But I won't get into that. Nuwh.

-Progress chart
3d engine: 46% physics: 67% AI: 89% Sanity: -51%

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 10:22:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 10:22:41