Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / I have a neat programming game/compo idea

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2005 12:01
its not a game but it sortof is here it is
ok u have like 24 hours or 12 or somethign like that and u have a team of 4 or so and it would be like all of them know some programming but 1 may be the best at designing ummm gui or interfaces 1 may eb ebst at desiging and ocming up wiht ideas and so on and u gett the point
and u pretty much try to come up wiht soemthgin that a simple dll can do in 1 or 2 commands(or maybe even in vb or the like) but u have to code it in dbpro or c++ or somethign like that and whoeevr can best match the dll command wins
but u cant use anyone elses code or help(although that would be practically impossibel to check) and u cant use any dlls or plugins

--or--
instead of a dll command how about an idea like a game or program never created and requires creativity to create

ok well it may suck it may rock who knows in my opionion it would be fun so post your opinion

also post anything that would be cooler

come to my forums http://hck83.darktech.info/forum/ formerly: 404 name not found
"others understand me but i dont understand my own thoughts"
Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2005 12:05
If i could read a word you wrote, I'd probably comment.

Punctuation fella, punctuation is your friend. So is grammar, and spelling. Atleast make an attempt at it, I DO!

<Mouse> lag, d'you like "real" RPGs? : <drac_work> ... : <drac_work> isnt that an oxymoron : * Mouse slaps drac_work :
<Mouse> don't contradict me bitch
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2005 12:17 Edited at: 28th Jan 2005 12:21
I think he's talking about a compo where a team of around 4 people would get together to create a dll that is to go with a certain theme. Such as a network dll or something of the sort. There would be a 12-24 hour time limit.

Me thinks you need a few commands that aren't in DBP that you're too lazy to code yourself

But, you wanted better ideas, here's one: A general compo, no team size limits, lasts for three months. Goal: To create the best program that is more useful in whatever aspect (Entertainment, Modelling, Making your younger brother crap his pants in fear, etc).

Intel Celeron 1.3 Ghrz | 512 MB Ram | NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 128MB
MSVC++ .Net 2003 | Wings3D | CharacterFX | Gimp v2.0
Prayne de crabug ahm rinedere be-yogt iglo kes gron
Three Score
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2005 12:31
ok sorry u misunderstood.(notice the period lol)

a team of 4 people each of different goodpoints, develop an application in dbpro or c++ that does what a windows api dll could do in 1 or 2 commands.

they can not use anyone elses code or an external dll(even made by them); they must do what a dll can do without using the dll.
they can not steal images from windows or the like.

another idea is instead of trying to recreate a dll in an app; they must create soemthign never made before therefor reuiqring a rather creative designer.

ok here is an example for the dll idea
ok 4 people in 1 team and the goal;Create the most standard windows open file dialog box in dbpro with no external iamges or other media(except for source code).

and for the other idea
ummmmm not sure i am not too creative when it comes to programming ideas
or well here i guess is soemthign off the top of my head.

ummm i got no ideas that havnt already been created so ummm this concludes this post.
(external media is allowed though in this idea)

(that is probably the neatest i have typed since i had to type a report in keyboarding)

come to my forums http://hck83.darktech.info/forum/ formerly: 404 name not found
"others understand me but i dont understand my own thoughts"
Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2005 12:35
Quote: "(that is probably the neatest i have typed since i had to type a report in keyboarding)"

Did You fail?

Joking aside... I liked Prestons Idea a bit better.*1

<Mouse> lag, d'you like "real" RPGs? : <drac_work> ... : <drac_work> isnt that an oxymoron : * Mouse slaps drac_work :
<Mouse> don't contradict me bitch
Three Score
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2005 12:44
yea i read the whole thing after posting(i onyl read the first part)
soo lets go wiht that and improve on that idea
and dont care that your hijacking(lol kidding... )

my avatar is working for the first time since free-space went down http://hck83.tophernet.net (things are startign to look up)
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2005 13:17
Quote: "and dont care that your hijacking(lol kidding... )
"

We're not hijacking, we're just following what you said

Quote: "also post anything that would be cooler"

Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2005 15:06
Quote: "also post anything that would be cooler"

1. anything but this idea,

2. pictures of me.

Ermes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2005 23:39 Edited at: 28th Jan 2005 23:40
maybe the best idea is to make a game in 3 months, and make what you want.Next, all our games will be placed online in a dedicated page.
after 6 months we can see how many times a game was downloaded (we can use a single ip visitor counter) and the most downloaded will be the winner.

Free Download for a Free World
go to my www to play RAVEN, THE FLIGHT OF RAVEN, SUNDAY DRIVERS and SUNDAY PANZERS!
Mx5 kris
Years of Service
User Offline
good Idea ermes.

Neofish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2005 02:56
Quote: "Making your younger brother crap his pants in fear"

me likes

Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2005 04:38
I don't think ermes idea is a good one. People could cheat with that pretty easily with a simple script, and there are many people who would use proxies or can change their IP's like it was nothing, so the IP counter wouldn't work too well.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 10:23:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 10:23:18