Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / 2D images in 2D enviroment

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2005 13:20
for my first game, im making a pong game. I got the program working fine, except for my output of scores and lives. I made nice little bitmaps with the all the numbers and labels. I got a bitmap that i would like to blit parts of it, so that i can display information. how should i do it? as when i try and blit the image it turns my screen all black. plz help

-sigh- DBPro can't program in the 4th dimension
Foxy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2005 17:42 Edited at: 29th Jan 2005 17:43
What you could do is set up a bit of a routine before your main loop that gets all of your images for the numbers with the load bitmap and get image command. What you can do after that is have a sprite for each of the different numbers and use the paste sprite command when you need to update the score. This should avoid turning the screen black. You could set it up like this:

Just note that I haven't tested this but it should work. If you have any problems with it let me know.

Cheers

[EDIT]: I added the sync command to the code, I forgot

If I were you and you were me, then you'd be yourself 'cos you are me and I am you.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 10:16:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 10:16:14