Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / can i create separate windows?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
is it possiblt to create separate windows with DBP. I know I can Set Camera View to create the action window. But I am interested in creating pop-ups with stats, scores, overhead maps, etc. that will pop up on top of the action screen with hotkeys so I don't have to reduce the camera view.

I can print text right on the camera view screen, but it looks fairly primitive.

Thanks for any help you can give.

With math all things are possible
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2005 22:49
Well i think it is possible if you ETC write the code for the highscore.

Then make that code an EXE.

Put that EXE in the same folder as the game EXE and game source is in. Then in your game source write that it will open the highscore EXE with the command EXECUTE FILE and make the highscore window small.

If you did`nt understand what im saying then i can try and make an example for you

Regards

The Nerd

looking for Royalty free 3D objects?
then Check PanzerGames at this link : http://www.freewebs.com/panzergames
Cyril Grey
Years of Service
User Offline
Making the exe works. But I had in mind more like a function within the game where a pop-up window is created when a certain key is pressed. Can I create a textured plain and make it opaque then write text to coordinates on the plain, or do the coordinates have to be relative to the whole screen? In addition to text, I want the pop-up to have graphics which can change as a player's stats change. Any ideas?

Thanks

Sol462
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2005 07:26
try that windows dll (i think its called bluegui or something), or, if you are willing to attempt, use the windows functions for making a window. i dont advise the latter though, very hard from what im hearing.

coffee + monkeys + creativity = games
Operation Pineapple - Multiplayer FPS WIP
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2005 08:48 Edited at: 29th Jan 2005 08:51
Quote: "i think its called bluegui or something"

It is indeed called BlueGUI and it is a great plugin for Graphical User Interface. It allows you to make windows, buttons, listviews, comboboxes, listboxes, dialogs, and much much more.

Check out Robk's site for BlueGUI at http://www.robertknight.me.uk/blue2/site/index.php?view=info

Regards,1tg46

Click sig for DarkBASIC Network IDE.
Cyril Grey
Years of Service
User Offline
thank you!!

Sol462
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2005 13:55
i figured thats what its called. i dont bother because i dont have dbp and im not willing to pay for a dll when i can easily do it in win32 C++

coffee + monkeys + creativity = games
Operation Pineapple - Multiplayer FPS WIP
Cyril Grey
Years of Service
User Offline
how do you attach a self made dll made with c++ to a DB program?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 10:14:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 10:14:22