Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Who play mame?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2005 16:36
hi ppl, i would like to know is someone of you like to play mames games!! (arcade game, i know) and if someone of you is on the forum of retroroms.foreverchat.net!!!

Free Download for a Free World
go to my www to play RAVEN, THE FLIGHT OF RAVEN, SUNDAY DRIVERS and SUNDAY PANZERS!
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2005 17:41
i dont use mame anymore, btu i have a few times before, goldne axe mostly if u gave me a few links to the emulator and teh game i will play you at it.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2005 23:14
My little brother has a handsome collection of mame roms, everything from Galaxians to Outrun2! - Mame is a lovely system. I even have a version on my DC with classic games like WonderBoy. I've been planning on building a PC based mame cabinet, but I'm waiting till I have somewhere to put it .

Van-B

It's c**p being the only coder in the village.
Ermes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2005 18:23
Great idea Van-B, a big emulation station with all arcade games!!! BTW some mame game is really slow to play.
I love all the capcom and neogeo series!!

go to my www to play RAVEN, THE FLIGHT OF RAVEN, SUNDAY DRIVERS and SUNDAY PANZERS!
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2005 20:49
Yeah, I remember the Neo Geo games first appearing in arcades, like Samurai Showdown, that was awesome, I always wen't the little Freddie Krueger dude with the knife fingers. Capcom were cool, I think they made Vendetta, which was like Double Dragon and Final Fight, one of my fave arcade games - totally politically incorrect though (like the guys who hump your leg, WTF!). It's funny how I always ended up playing the fighting games, even though I never really played much console beat-em-ups, IK+ was the only non-arcade beat-em-up that I played a lot. My all time fave arcade game is Black Tiger, you might remember the haunting title tune (dooo-deee-do-de-do do-de-do-de-do-do-do), you should definately try it if you haven't already.

My plan is to use a TV output graphics card and a refurbished cabinet, then put in a 1.5ghz machine, should be able to play a lot of arcade games. The new games like Outrun2, I would'nt try and run that on anything but a monster PC, even my bro's PC struggles and he's just spent a fortune on new hardware.

Van-B

It's c**p being the only coder in the village.
Ermes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2005 00:22
yea, to play 3d games with mame you need a 5ghz machine with a 4mb video ram (mame don't use 3d accelleration)

i have IK+ on c64 and on Amiga, and actually on my pc using vice64 and winuae, very great and funny a lot (ik+).

Capcom series, i love Darkstalkers, and neogeo i like metal slugs series and the king of fighters!!! (94-2002)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 10:25:44
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 10:25:44