Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Music for DVD

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 02:18
Right, I'm putting together a DVD of pictures from my holidays, and I'm trying to find MP3's to put on each holiday (have CD of Xmas songs for Xmas for example) and one of them was to Paris.

Unfortuantly, apart from the Allo Allo song, I'm having real trouble finding anything typically french. Even google isn't my friend as I really don't know what to search for! Which is a bit of a first... Maybe stereotypical french music? You know the sort I mean... Found some half decent samples on Amazon, but they were in ASX format (I can only import MP3 and WAV into my DVD software) and I can't find any decent freeware software (only want to create a simple DVD for my parents really).

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing
Dodo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 04:44 Edited at: 30th Jan 2005 04:45
not sure if this is any use to you, but these are some free mp3 downloads of "french" music from amazon. I think the first two are probably suitable (Judging by the title as I have not downloaded any)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/103-9860451-9936629

[edit] ok, that link doesn't work, all I did was search on amazon for french in the category music downloads if you want to try.

Part of solving the problem is actually noticing that the problem is there in the first place

Osiris
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 04:51
if goodle doesent work try yahoo

Neofish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 05:21
He said he didn't know what to search for...

Osiris
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 05:58
he did! well i guess i had too many shots lol

Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 06:26
Retour A Vega by The Stills. Great song, in full french.

Something to doing?
Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 06:29
Thanks guys, but found pretty much appropriate stuff. Bit annoying to think what to search for though. I mean you know the really cheesy typical french music you hear in movies when they show, say, the Eiffel tower? That stuff.

Anyhows, does anyone know a good application for mucking around with MP3s? Specifically the examples I downloaded only last for 45 secs. Each chapter of slideshow lasts longer than that, and my stupid software doesn't seem to have an option for looping the music.

Cheers

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 10:24:12
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 10:24:12