Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Tv Tuner card problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 10:15
My dad has a very old dell computer that runs windows 98. He has a tv tuner card that he never uses in it, so i asked him if i could have it and he gave me the tv tuner card. I went to install the drivers on my computer but the drivers said these drivers can only be installed on windows 98se. So i searched on the internet for drivers and tv-viewing software but i couldnt find anything that works and i also had to connect the tv tuner to my integrated sound and since i have done that my speakers have been making popping noises.

the tv tuner card is a stb pci tv tuner and fm tuner.
I went to the companys website but it aint around anymore, www.stb.com

My computer recongizes it as conextant btpci wdm video capture, so how do i make it so that my speakers stop making that noise and how do i make it so i can watch tv.

I am using windows xp
Emperor Baal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 10:18
I have a tv tuner card, and the noise is caused by (in my case) the line-in connection to my soundcard.

It seems that, when I connect the tv card with sound card (line-in port), I can stop the noise by muting the line-in channel.

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 10:18
<Ali M comment>
Try this:

</Ali M comment>

CURRENT PROJECT: Chaos Hizzle Demo
stupid kid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 10:27
Quote: " <Ali M comment>
Try this:
+ Code Snippet

SET COLLISION ON BOXES 1

</Ali M comment>"

what does that have to do with my tv tuner card?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 10:19:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 10:19:20