Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / trying to get the camera into my .x map file

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Can someone please tell me how I can get the camera into the .x map.
When the .x map loads it is placed on the matrix, but it is really small, and it's as if there is a box around it. I imagine it's because DBP is seeing it as a single object. But it's a map file, and i want the camera to go inside.

I created my .x map file by making it in GMAX then exporting to .MD3, loading the .MD3 into Milkshape and then exporting to .x.

Also, what unit of measurement does DBP use?

(This is getting more and more fun... )

With math all things are possible
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2005 18:33
I would try the following to establish your camera, and work out what you need to code...

1. POSITION CAMERA to the X,Y,Z coordinates of your map. That will get you close.

2. Write a small routine that allows to to move around with the mouse and arrow keys.

3. Go for a wander and see what you find. It will help you to establish the scale you need and positioning. It might help to put some debug info text on the screen, such as camera coordinates and angles.

BatVink

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 10:20:09
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 10:20:09