Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Any rpg's anyones working on?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey I was just wondering if anyone was working on a rpg atm...I am but my project remains on my pc until I've made a demo that you can actually play rather than having a cheapy 'Engine Demo'.
Cheers,
Nick.

1.9GHZ/Windows XP Home Edition/NVidia GeForce4Ti 4600/128MB RAM/60GB Hardrive
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2005 04:25
Rocket Propelled Grenade? I think there are some in Iraq.

-This...is my boomstick!
Dot Merix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2005 04:59 Edited at: 4th Feb 2005 14:40
Myself and a couple of others are working on a MUD(multi user dungeon) which will be a type of text RPG.

http://www.rpmud.com

WindowsXP Home(Service pack 2), Athlon XP 2400+(2.1Ghz), 1GIG Ram, Ati Radeon 9800Pro 128MB.
Foxy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2005 16:12
Quote: "Explosives...fun times "

You're a pyro?

If I were you and you were me, then you'd be yourself 'cos you are me and I am you.
Nunuman
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah, im workin on 1,
Im usin RPG Maker 2003, its a free download that u can find on google somehow. Its the best RPG maker i've ever seen.

NOTE: IT TAKES PATIENCE TO FIND A SITE TO DOWNLOAD It!

D O N T D O D R U G S
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2005 05:18
I guess my question is.... why?

-This...is my boomstick!
TKF15H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2005 05:35
MUD is Multi User Dungeon, not dimension.
I'm making an IRC MUD.

AphoticVM status: 80% AphoticBasic status: 10%
Dot Merix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2005 14:40 Edited at: 4th Feb 2005 14:41
Heh, my bad.. I was quite tired when i wrote that.. thanks for editing

At the time i was working with arrays, and was thinking about multi-dimensional arrays, just got it mixed up with what i was saying.

WindowsXP Home(Service pack 2), Athlon XP 2400+(2.1Ghz), 1GIG Ram, Ati Radeon 9800Pro 128MB.
NathanF
Years of Service
User Offline
I am making teh rpg, even had a WIP thread, but thats old now. Shall update soon. Im using DBP and my (NOT-YET-RECIEVED-THANK-YOU-VERY-MUCH!~) Compo prizes.

"Blame yourself, or God." - Delita
Dr Crazy
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Nunuman - I've used Rm2k3 before and it's pretty simple mostly klik + create. I liked it, but when I found db, I decided I wanted to make a 3d rpg.

To the rest, when I said 'rpg' I didn't mean a rocket-propelled grenade, I meant the other one which is a type of game. And you will see my proj soon...that is until I have something to show.

Cheers,
Nick.

1.9GHZ/Windows XP Home Edition/NVidia GeForce4Ti 4600/512+128MB RAM/60GB Hardrive
ionstream
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2005 03:00 Edited at: 5th Feb 2005 10:53
Quote: "I am ... teh RPG... update... DBP.. THANK-YOU"

How does it feel to be an RPG?

Quote: "Rm2k3... pretty... liked it... I found db... i... mean a rocket-propelled grenade... which is a type of game... I have someting to show."

Yes, Rm2k3 is pretty sexy, and I'm glad you found a rocket propelled grenade (even though you mistaked it for DB). But it's not a type of game, and I want to see what you have to show.

Dr Crazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2005 04:24 Edited at: 5th Feb 2005 04:29
What to show what I've done NOW or what I am going to show in a few weeks/months time? Because you don't wanna see what I've done now, all I've done now is:
-A basic engine + collision
-An ingame menu

And I'm just gunna start the battle system then once that's done I'll make the storyline and maybe a mini-quest too. Otherwise there's not much to see and my ingame menu is a bit shabby too (but it's functional though and it's not very buggy) because I suck at GFX which is why when I officially release a demo I will request a team of 2d Artists and 3d Aritists. By the way, the source code isn't some cheaply copied engine off the code snippets section then stuck some stuff in, I've actually coded mostly all of my code apart from a few one or two bits people helped me with and as far as I can see, my source takes about 1322 lines and I've only just completed 1% of my game LoL

Cheers,
Nick.

PS. @ Ionstream - Stop quoting what people didn't say! LoL

1.9GHZ/Windows XP Home Edition/NVidia GeForce4Ti 4600/512+128MB RAM/60GB Hardrive
R2D2s Jilted Lover
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2005 08:24
i am making resident evil style rpg (resident evil is an rpg right?). i mean, out of all commercial looking games, this must surely be the easiest to make. am i saying too much? i'll shut up

there's a lot to be said for unspeakable acts...
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2005 14:39
Resident Evil? RPG? It's a bit of a stretch but it might prove interesting.

I'm making an adventure game called Redneck Rampage.

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: Project Starbuks
Sony stole our name!
Mr Underhill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2005 14:48 Edited at: 5th Feb 2005 14:55
Quote: "Rocket Propelled Grenade"

Where? WHERE? Aaahhh! *Ducks for cover* j/k

Seriously, though, I'm working on an action RPG right now. I've got the world map system down for the most part, though I'm still converting to Newton. I'm still stumped as far as story is concerned (I had a good one, but it was too Tolkien-esque for it to work, so I tossed it).
I've got a few other RPG projects on the back-burner, too. I figure once I can get the engine for this one down, the others will be easier (I hope ).

My name is Underhill...commit it to memory.
"Vee vill drive zhem from zee peer-to-peer sites, vee vill beat zhem vith a stick!" ~Leo Laporte, mocking the RIAA
The Real 87
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2005 15:17
I am working on The Shadow Kin.

The enine is still being programmed. I have no artists, so I am going more for an engine that can be used by people to make games of their own (simple RPG's, FPS's and the like).

However once I get an artist or two then I can start making the campaine that I already have completely outlined.

http://87.savefile.com
87 Productions is the shizz.
R2D2s Jilted Lover
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2005 20:23
man, are we super cool or what!? making our own computer games and all! awesome.

anyway, i don't understand why many people on these forums are so scared of creating an RPG. I know the risks involved and i wouldn't do it if i didn't know exactly what i was doing. I hAd a friend who tried to make an RPG and the grenade blew up in face!

yeah. seriously though, if you know the DBPro lingo, it\\\'s just a matter of PLANNING! breaking down all the factors of the game, drawing up data flow charts and then converting it all into a context that DBP can relate with.

Be positive and never be afraid of making a crappy game! (Just as long as it works!)

there's a lot to be said for unspeakable acts...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Zone Chicken
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2005 21:50
Quote: "I'm making an adventure game called Redneck Rampage.
"

Is this a joke or for real, i remember playing redneck rampage Fps years ago. Would be cool to see it converted into a adventure game, although your game may not have anything to do with the fps i played just wondering if it did.

Dr Crazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Well my gfx for my rpg game is a bit shoddy but at least it actually works. I've seen some rpg's that have good gfx but they're pretty cruddy as you get bored after 2mins. I have big hopes for my rpg and I want it to be 120hrs long I don't know If I'll manage it but I am very dedicated to my proj and its the only proj I'm building atm. I will at some point have an rpg that is longer than 30hrs and I wont give up.

jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2005 22:02
Mine is on http://www.tyranntrpg.org

Still under progress, but there is a sample game you can play.

Jas

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
Dr Crazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Koolio well time to get back to my rpg. I will make an announcement when I officially release a demo ^^.
Cheers,
Nick.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 10:20:52
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 10:20:52