Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / On version 1....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
when multiplayer comes out, will you need your own server, if so what OS, and how much banwidth would be taken? I would be willing to buy a dedicated server, and let others use it, is that possible?...just some thoughts

SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2005 11:32
Before anyone else posts, let's get this out in the open. Before you post something, please read through the forum. Your question may have been answered. As it goes with these V1 posts, no one knows anything on V1. Think of V1 as an upgrade to EA. And since Lee is only working on EA at the moment, work may or may not have started on V1. It's probably in the planning stage. Without an EA release, V1 will not be possible because Lee will need input on what to improve on, what to put in, etc..
Ok? Good.
SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This
Mx5 kris
Years of Service
User Offline
uuhh...I am a constant reader of this forum buddy. I read the faq. NO it has not been answered. Besides, a question because there multiplayer.

SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2005 13:19
I'm not trying to start a flame war here. It's too early to guess what will be in V1. Multiplayer may not even make it for that version. That might be a V2 upgrade. At this point, all I want is EA. That is what we need to be discussing now. Not the future as that can always change.
SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This
Coldnews
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2005 17:22
@mx5 these questions are silly because noone knows the answer to them, the EA isnt even finished and you are asking questions about V1? The beta testers only have the EA version to test, that DOESNT include any multiplayer capabilities whatsoever. So therefore the only people who would know are the TGC staff. Who havent finished the damn thing in the first place. Nothing is finalised until it is released. So all I can say is WAIT!

www.ColdNews.co.uk - the worlds first solo band.
New coldnews single avalable from here
Mr Flowerkohl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2005 18:19
@coldnews
the beta testers dont have the ea version. the ea comes out on february 11th.
they've got some sort of....EEA version

yeah...thats the ticket !
Coldnews
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2005 19:20
@flowerkohl
I have the beta version, it is the EA version, just not the final release version.

www.ColdNews.co.uk - the worlds first solo band.
New coldnews single avalable from here
Mr Flowerkohl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2005 19:40
so its the beta EA version

yeah...thats the ticket !
Anime civil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2005 23:59
Here, I will answer what sounds the most realistic. TGC will for sure not pay for public servers so you can host your game there, and the only way you can have a game where you join a server is if you code, which is mightly complicated and no one want's to do that.

So what I think is the most reasonable answer is that the multiplayer edition will be that you join through Ip's. You can create, or host a game, and people can join. One way that you can let people know of which Ip's to join, is meaby creating a website where people can post their Ip's which they are currently hosting a game, and then from your game, people click a link to go to the site to see which game to join.

This is the most reasonable answer, and there is no other way of doing online multiplayer than the ways I have said above.

Velocity Designs - Coming Soon
Mx5 kris
Years of Service
User Offline
uhh...I happen to have a dedicated server which I coded for db...that dopesnt work though . So I was just a bit askin. lol, I really was just seeing if any one had an estimated guess, like anime civil.

Noldor
Years of Service
User Offline
"Anime Civil" guessing about FPSC are usualy not that accurate.
Not that there is anything wrong with the answer he gave now.
Mx5 kris
Years of Service
User Offline
I just said estimate guess. lol.. if anyone else has a guess, I dont want to prep a server for no use

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2005 01:00
Quote: "when multiplayer comes out, will you need your own server, if so what OS, and how much banwidth would be taken? I would be willing to buy a dedicated server, and let others use it, is that possible?...just some thoughts"

It hasn't even been written yet, they're just playing with ideas regarding multiplayer. No specifics.

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 10:08:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 10:08:21