Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / making models

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
ok say i want to make a model of a gun do i have to make multiple modles of it to put it in the game and what do i have to d oand how many.

THx

glyvin101
Opus
Years of Service
User Offline
Here's something that Van B [moderator] posted the other day. I forget the precise location.

Quote: "11.5 Making your own weapons
You can create your own weapons and use them in FPS Creator providing you have media in the X file format, the textures in the TGA file format and the sounds in the WAV file format. First you will need the following resources:

1. Model of the gun to be displayed on the main game screen in FPS perspective
2. Model of the gun for use as a pickup when the weapon is collected
3. Model of the gun for use when an enemy character is using the weapon
4. Textures for all of the above
5. Image for the weapon cross hair (if any)
6. Image for the HUD picture used in combination with displaying ammo count
7. Sound effects for the weapons shooting, reload, dry fire and zoom (WAV)
8. Scope Image if the gun has a scope mode for zooming into your target

Here are the steps to adding your own weapon.

1. It is far simpler to copy an existing weapon, rename and modify than create one from scratch.
2. Navigate to the FPS Creator\Files\gamecore\guns\modernday\commando
3. Copy the entire folder and contents to a new folder, perhaps called FPS Creator\Files\gamecore\guns\MyNewGuns\
4. Make sure your new folder is located inside the gamecore\guns folder
5. Rename your new folder to gamecore\guns\MyNewGuns\BigGun\
6. Copy all your models, textures, sounds and images to this folder using the same names as the existing files. The filenames are self-explanatory
7. The HUD.X is the model you will see onscreen. VWEAP.X is the model you will see when the enemy character is holding the gun.
8. GUNSPEC.TXT allows you to configure the weapon to your liking, and controls everything from its range and accuracy, to the animation frames used by the HUD weapon model. Again the fields are self-explanatory though you will not need to change many of the filenames if you have simply overwritten to the same file names.
9. Muzzleflash, Brass and Smoke refer to which type they should use. These index values refer to models stored in the respective folders in gamecore\
10. Fireloop is used for machine gun style weapons where the fire WAV sound needs to be looped to give the correct audio feedback. The value refers to the position in the sound sequence for the loop-back.
11. HORIZ,VERT and FORWARD control the muzzle flash position
12. ALIGN values control the position of the gun in relation to the camera
13. The KEYFRAMES indicate where each of the weapon animations are within the model animation data
14. The SFRAME values indicate when to trigger the sounds, the first of the parameters indicate the keyframe number to trigger the sound and the second parameter is the sound index you wish to play.
"

I hope this answers your question.

Opus

Eternal student in search of knowledge. But will settle for the occasional epiphany.
6r1m r34p0r
Years of Service
User Offline
HOLY CRUD! IM GOING TO IMPORT CS MODELS INTO FPSC WHEN IT COME SOUT LIKE CRAZY! jk. I might use the base model though.

When life gives you lemons...blow them away with an M4A1!
Noldor
Years of Service
User Offline
Well if you release your game later.
(even as a freeware)
It will feel cheap and stolen
and you might even risk getting
sued.. (there is a lot of radical people out there)
Well we will just have to see.
I dont think importing HL/CS models into FPSC
will be all painfree but i dont doubt that it can/will
be done.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 17:47:53
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 17:47:53