Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / making an exe

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2005 11:22
Hello i've been building some games i want to know how to build them into an exe where i can click on them and go right to the exe without bringing up the dark basic program screen and go straight into the game i built. i tried including all my media in the exe and already tried naming the file "mygame.exe" but the icon looks like a white screen thing and it brings up a dos window and it wont let me run the exe am i programming wrong or doing something wrong plz respond

Vid
Sol462
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2005 11:28
are you just renaming your source code file? if so, that dosen't work. you must compile it with dark basic. simply making a text file with code and changin it to .exe won't work.

coffee + monkeys + creativity = games
Operation Pineapple - Multiplayer FPS WIP
vid1987
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2005 11:41
how would i do that? i am new to programming can you plz explain to me how to go about compiling it to darkbasic plz

Vid
Sol462
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2005 11:57 Edited at: 5th Feb 2005 11:58
let's atart with: do you even have dark basic? just run it and do your coding in the editor. press F5 to execute to make sure your code works, and if it does, press F9 to compile it. if there are no errors, then an exe will be created in the directory that the source code is in.
keep posting if you need more help. i have monday-wednesday off for mardi gras so i'll be on.

vid1987
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2005 12:26
wow.. either i'm a total idiot or my darkbasic isn't working its not letting me save my projects much less compile them. when i try to save them it goes through the process but when i try to open the project i just saved it comes up blank no code at all. do you know whats wrong? thx i appreciate you trying to help me and i'm sorry i'm such a newb

Vid
vid1987
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2005 13:19
alright i figured it out it was pretty ez all i had to do was type in the exe filename that wasnt the same name as my project name. before i thought it was like converting into an exe but i figured out that the project and the exe are seperate files (as i said, i'm new to programming) thx for helping

Vid
Random 69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2005 14:17
Ok first of all if you open up a darkbasic program by double clicking it will come up blank. You actaully have to go file open then select the file for the code to appear.

Then ya hit f5

Try Chronic Basic the new programming langauge -- 5% Done
Sol462
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2005 14:54
glad i could help, spazuh. and don't worry, we all go through our noob phase at some point. but the ones that keep practicing get to help out new noobs in an endless cycle.

vid1987
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2005 01:11
Alright i figured out how to make them now i can access them from html and copy them onto discs now. how would i post my exe onto the forums where yall can play it? btw Marsh TOD i've been clicking on file open and i'm opening the code but its still coming up blank.. but anyways thx for trying to make me look like an idiot i really appreciate it... peace

Vid
Sol462
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2005 01:35
to upload it, look at the post message box at the bottom of this page. you should see 'attachment'. click browse to find your program. if it includes any media, then put it all in a zip file and then browse for it. keep in mind that you have a 1MB filesize limit. if it's larger, then put it on another website and put a link to the file in your post.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 11:33:48
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 11:33:48