Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / removing my documents from the start menu.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2005 06:18
I am using windows xp home edition and i am using the classic start menu. The classic start menu has a documents thing on it. I never use it and i dont like it. So i want to remove it from my start menu but i cant figure out how. A picture of my start menu, so u know what i mean is attached.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
stupid kid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2005 06:50
I have tweakui but i can't figure out how to get it to remove the documents thing from the startmenu.

And i dont want to change any registry files because everytime i change something in there, a couple of weeks later, i download a windows update everything gets messed up.
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2005 12:41
Right Click Taskbar > Properties > Start Menu Tab and then click the Customise Button, from memory, there should a bunch of options of what to show and what not to. Although I'm using XP Pro, so the Home Edition may not have as many options.

"Computers are useless, they can only give you answers."
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 06:46 Edited at: 9th Feb 2005 06:47
That has some of the things you can do, but none of the commands will remove the my documents menu. Google Windows Configurator. This program is designed for other than windowsXP systems, but the tweaks still work.

Click sig for DB Network X
Osiris
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 07:19
open the start menu, then right click on the folder and click remove or delete, whatever it there, they all only shorcuts in the start menu anyways.

stupid kid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 07:23 Edited at: 9th Feb 2005 07:24
Quote: "Right Click Taskbar > Properties > Start Menu Tab and then click the Customise Button"

in windows xp home, u cant remove the my documents thing from the start menu using the costumize button i tried that alreade.

Quote: "open the start menu, then right click on the folder and click remove or delete, whatever it there, they all only shorcuts in the start menu anyways."

i tried that already and it didnt work

and i will try that windows configurator program later but if its not designed for windows xp it might mess some things up but there is always system restore or reformating the hard drive
Osiris
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 09:12
NO WAIT...why dont you just put it back to normal, then remove it, by going under costomize then advanced then, dont show this folder, then change it.

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2005 04:40
Quote: "and i will try that windows configurator program later but if its not designed for windows xp it might mess some things up but there is always system restore or reformating the hard drive "

what I meant by that was that it will work for WinXP, but it was designed for previous versions. This program will work perfectly with WinXP, I have it installed on my WinXP Home SP1 computer.

Click sig for DB Network X

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 12:14:25
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 12:14:25