Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / A 5 min movie of the first part of the next level...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2005 07:12
Be warned, the game was running at 15fps due to the video recording, (Need to tweek it sometime) so the baddies do not put up much of a struggle, when playing at around 30fps, they behave better.

At the end I mucked up the lighting so I could not see where I am going so exited there.

The movie starts with a quickly knocked up backdrop from PSP and Texture Creator, plus some existing menu graphics.

Music on the menu and in the game are licensed from http://www.shockwave-sound.com/ I've also only had time to do one voice section, will contain more when finished.

So basically this level is less polished than the previous one.

Oh and it's around 20mb.

http://www.tyranntrpg.org/demo_level2.wmv

p.s. without the overhead of the recording, It would have been around 3 mins and a lot smaller. Also it helps having 500 health

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2005 07:21
Nice vid!!! The last part is a tad too dark. I really like the game menu. What kinds of backgrounds does FPSC have?

Thanks for the videos once agian!
Logan 5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2005 08:06
Is that Coldnews' "better half" on the voice in the intro?

Basically dark.
Noldor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2005 08:16 Edited at: 8th Feb 2005 08:27
@Logan 5
No its not. "jasuk70" explained how he made that voice
in an earlier thread.

BTW. GREAT movie "jasuk70" your game seems to be comming
along great.

EDIT : i know you mentioned the AI and that its not in
top condition in the video, but it looks realy
IDLE. They moslty just stand there getting shot.
SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2005 09:26
Noldor,
It's possible he may or may not be using the newest version. Do you know how long it takes to download each one? 400meg is not an easy download for some people. Plus you have to go through recreating everything to get it to work right. I thought it was interesting though to see. I thought the levels were done fairly well.
Jasuk70, can't wait to see what else you have in store for us.
Also, I thought the splash screen wasn't too bad. It's not going to bother me one bit at all.
SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This
Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2005 10:09
Hi,

Quote: "Do you know how long it takes to download each one?"

For me its about an hour, hour and a half depending on if the server is being a baby, or if I have other stuff going on.

Quote: " Plus you have to go through recreating everything to get it to work right."

We do?

Quote: " i know you mentioned the AI and that its not in
top condition in the video, but it looks realy
IDLE. They moslty just stand there getting shot."

The AI has come a long way since I started testing. Though i belive it was quoted before, but Lee has said AI is not his strong point. But it has improved. You'll just have to play with it yourself to see how it is when you get the EA (if you do of course).

I might make a small AI demo video tonight if I have the time... then again, the phones been ringing off the hook, and I might not have time. Only time shall tell, if I have time

Eric

<Mouse> lag, d'you like "real" RPGs? : <drac_work> ... : <drac_work> isnt that an oxymoron : * Mouse slaps drac_work :
<Mouse> don't contradict me bitch
Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2005 10:14
Kick @$$ vid! Only three days until the FPSC comes out, then another week before it gets to me, assuming it'll be mailed like the T3DGM.

Don't F**king cuss!
Logan 5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2005 10:33
@Lavitz,

It's only available by download at first.

Basically dark.
Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2005 13:55
How does the Download thing work? What do you do, pay them and then download it while $56 credits get taken out? I don't get it, partially because I've never done it.

Don't F**king cuss!
fpsdave
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for making another video, Jasuk.

I hope FPSC will let us make more than
go-find-a-key-on-the-other-side-of-the-building-to-open-this-door
type of games.

======================================
I sincerely doubt that it will be available on Friday.
More likely on Monday or Tuesday.

Besides, everybody and their brother will be trying to download it.
I doubt the servers will handle it.
Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2005 14:12
Yup! You can say that again! (don't really say it again).

Don't F**king cuss!
Mr Flowerkohl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2005 15:55
really nice this level is not lightmapped, is it ?

yeah...thats the ticket !
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2005 19:43
@MaddA ChieF, I mucked up the lighting at the end part, i was tyring to get to the next room but failed . They have different backgrounds for the differnt game styles and a neutral one. Or you can use your own like I did.

@Logan 5, text to speech created the voice.

@Nolder, the AI wasnt modified for the characgters, that is something to do when tweeking things, though the part with the stairs, without the recording happening, the person runs towards me and starts shooting, also the sounds of the shots triggers the guys on the stairs and they start shooting too, currently that part is too difficult without the 500 health, I need to make the baddies less healthy like the ones in the other rooms.

@soulman, The reasons for any problems are mentioned above, I havent used any waypoints which will make them follow routes etc. As I mentioned the game needs work

@ericT, I'm Looking forward to seeing other peoples movies.

@fpsdave, Thats just the way I've designed it for the moment as it is the sort of game I want ro create first off. Adding the story elements into it will help and that is only a small part of that level you've seen.

@Mr Flowerkohl, Nope, quick lightmapping, it takes too long doing full lightmapping so I'm not doing that till the end game as I've got lots of other things to do as well

Thanks for the feedback.

Jas

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2005 21:21
Thanks for the great movie!!!!

looking for Royalty free 3D objects?
then Check PanzerGames at this link : http://www.freewebs.com/panzergames
Ominous
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 01:13
Thanks for the second movie. I have one critique. You title is "Where AM I?". Now, unless the capital "m" in AM is intentional, it doesn't look good with all the lower case letters in Where.

Now is the winter of your discontent.
-Stewie from Family Guy
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 01:32 Edited at: 9th Feb 2005 01:32
@Omnious, I did mention I knocked it up quickly (Infact took 2 mins) It was mainly to show people who were asking about custom menus etc. I'll be putting more effort into it later.

----
Ominous
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 01:38 Edited at: 9th Feb 2005 01:39
Sorry, I did the big no no, and posted before reading the entire thread

Edit: This statement includes your first post. I just clicked on the movie, and then posted.

Now is the winter of your discontent.
-Stewie from Family Guy

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 11:05:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 11:05:48