Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Can someone please show me (just in basic simple terms) how to load a Sprite to screen and move it (just basic simple movement)in DBPro please.

Thankyou.
TravisP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 15:22
From the help files...
Quote: "
SPRITE
This command will set the position and image number of the specified sprite. Providing you are using a valid image number from a previous call to the GET IMAGE command, and the position of the sprite is in the screen area, you will see your sprite displayed. You can move your sprite by calling the sprite command with new position coordinates. You can animate your sprite by calling this command with different image numbers to create the effect of animation. You are able to have over sixty thousand sprites on the screen at any one time, but it is advisable to restrict yourself to a few hundred sprites for speed critical programs. The parameters should be specified using integer values.

SYNTAX
SPRITE Sprite Number, XPos, YPos, Image Number
"

Quote: "
MOVE SPRITE
This command will move the sprite a specified distance. Used in combination with the ROTATE SPRITE command a very simple top-down player character can be achieved very easily. The velocity must be a real value.

SYNTAX
MOVE SPRITE Sprite Number, Velocity
"

Example....from the help files

Note: The above I didn't say, your just crazy.

Not a ripoff of The Twilight Zone
RiiDii
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 15:24
The command you will probably most find useful is..

Quote: "SPRITE Sprite Number, XPos, YPos, Image Number"

Use it like this:

I also recmmend playing around with the other commands in the DBPro Help under Sprites, Images, and Bitmaps.

"Droids don't rip your arms off when they lose." -H. Solo

REALITY II

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 11:33:57
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 11:33:57