Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / is my moniter shot?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 11:52
just a minute ago my moniter did some wierd things, it turned yellow, faded in and out, and blured a few times, this might be from dpro (i was running something but this lasted after i stopped it), or my moniter could be shot. any ideas?, wait it did it again and no dppro. hmmmmm.... by the way the moniter is older then 5 years at least, and is a compaq

Sage Tech Manager
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 11:54
Rofl compaq. If it turned yellow that could be due to it trying to change to a not supported resolution.

Multisync v0.1 ready! - Easy to use muliplayer plugin for DarkBASIC Professional - http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=47654&b=5
SageTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 12:03
Just looked at a site, said its a common problem between old monitors, looks like ill have to get a new one, but if anyone knows what the problem might be, please say so.

Sage Tech Manager
Frozen Flame
Years of Service
User Offline
Happened to me before with my Dell monitor. It was because my desk drawer was pressing against the cord and the cord was slightly becoming disconnected. My screen turned yellow just the same. Fading in and out. But its all good now. Check your connections for ur monitor and make sure nothing is pincing it. Hope i helped

I dont think a old monitor will do that.. I have like 3 old computers and they run perfectly monitors and all. Except that the disk space sucks. i just like the games on them heh..
SageTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 12:19
o thank goodness, i think it worked, but im not sure thank you very much!

Sage Tech Manager
Foxy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 12:52
Two of our monitors did that recently (the internet pc and my personal one) I find it is because of overheating, considering it was on a hot day and my comps are usually running for hours at a time.

If I were you and you were me, then you'd be yourself 'cos you are me and I am you.
ionstream
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 12:59
You can hit the demagnetize button, sometimes that helps.

Osiris
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 14:30
I love hitting that at school! Because when I do the teachers get mad at me because they think I broke it!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 12:15:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 12:15:54