Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Frequency clone

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 06:24
Has ANYBODY played Frequency for the PS2?? ... Well i was thinking about making a frequency clone on DBPRO I would need some music and somehow i would need to cut a song into little pieces for each beat and probably need to stack commands with the if and : commands. if anybody has ever played frequency and is interested in making a clone of it respond or send me an email at michaelclift@sbcglobal.net ...
peace

David
vid1987
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2005 06:21
Hay is anybody gonna post?

David
vid1987
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2005 06:41
In case nobody knows what Frequency is.. its a music game where you move forward at the same speed and there are beats in different places and you have to hit a certain key at a certain time to activate the beats or instead of making it 3d it could be made 2d more like the ddrmax style where the beats move up onto the screen and you have to press them when they enter the right position. i already know how to do most of the stuff that involves if's and variables and positioning objects but how would i move the beats from the bottom of the screen and make them move straight up and off the screen? and i'm also wondering about object collision.. i know to put something like this...
if object collision(1,2) and keystate(2)=1 then play sound 1 : score=score+5 but i cant seem to get that to work when the objects collide.. can someone plz help?
thx
peace

David
vid1987
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2005 06:50
I was wondering how to make multiple objects at 1 time and make them all come up onto the screen without clustering the game with a bunch of objects and slowing it down. like once the object goes off of the screen i could delete it or something like that... idk plz respond

David
RiiDii
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2005 07:04
You could use the Object Screen X() and Object Screen Y() and check to see if less than 0 or greater than Screen Height/Width, and delete as appropriate. You may want to add in a buffer (i.e. -20 or Screen Height() + 20) to make sure you don't delete while half on the screen.

"Droids don't rip your arms off when they lose." -H. Solo

REALITY II
vid1987
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2005 12:59
How would i move the object straight up? if i just put this...
move object up 4,0.5 but it wont show the object moving up it just moves the object i dont understand... plz respond thx

David
vid1987
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2005 13:02
How would i set up a path for an object without typing in a bunch of this...
move object up 4,0.5 : wait 25 : move object up 4,0.5 : wait 25... etc.
plz respond
thx
peace

David

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 13:26:42
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 13:26:42