Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / see thru objects that arent meant to be

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2005 22:15
this most often occurs when there is a matrix and and object

what happens is when i hav my matrix (or another object) and an object at least 1 unit below it, part of the matrix has holes in it and u can see the object below it, it is seen as triangles.

can someone please explain to me why this happens, and if there is a fix for it
4N!ALA70R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2005 22:34
is anyone going to post anything
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2005 22:48 Edited at: 14th Feb 2005 22:49
give us a few hours to reply , the matrix has holes in it cause thats what it should look like, if its untextured, the matrix is a "wireframe", that can be "bent" and textured. If you dont want to see it, texture the matrix. If thats not what you mean try to explain again...and plz post a code snippet if u can
EDIT: and when u post the code snippet, dont use the attachement source code, its bugged , highlight the code and click on the code button above where u post, just above the smiley faces

Video games…they can take you places unreachable, impossible, unfeasible. They put you in the book...they put you in the movie...they put you in a world, a world that before could only be imagined.
4N!ALA70R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2005 22:56 Edited at: 14th Feb 2005 22:59
soz forgot about the code , and yes it is textured

here is the code:

PS if u can be bothered can u try and fix the prob from my other forum , it is on the latest list of forums

Attachments

Login to view attachments
4N!ALA70R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2005 23:08
well thanks in advanced for any advice u post, coz i hav to go to sleep for school and will be bak afta in about 17hrs, lol, so yeh thanx GIL or anyone else that posts anythin
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2005 23:27 Edited at: 14th Feb 2005 23:29
k, ill try to get it figured out by then , i dont have any school today(horray!) b/c its a teacher work day! and u obvoiusly live far away from me cause here its 9:30AM , good luck at school!
EDIT: i just realized i already have ur code, ur the same person who posted the move object with mouse thread , i replied to it

Video games…they can take you places unreachable, impossible, unfeasible. They put you in the book...they put you in the movie...they put you in a world, a world that before could only be imagined.
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2005 23:36
hmmm...it must be the object or the texture cause using my own texture and a cube, it works fine, try this:

using ur own textures again, and just try using a cube to see if its the object

4N!ALA70R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2005 16:23
hey Gil

i tried it with the cube and with my object

with cube:
i press h and it 'freezes' the mouse on the edge of the screen does not move the camera and afta pressing mouse button and h a couple thousand times it moves to basically a random spot

with my little house:
i press h and an object appears basically where the mouse is on the screen to realtively on the matrix, if i hold it a house appear, let go another house appears

i have dbpro if that makes any difference
other than that i hav no idea, can u tell me what happens to you when you run this
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2005 20:39
Do you have DBP 5.7?

4N!ALA70R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 16:18 Edited at: 16th Feb 2005 16:33
yeh LIT
i hav vs 1.057
why do u ask

i think it might be like a graphics bug between close objects, ill try and edit my object so it is onewhole object, i use gamespace and i glue objects together and then save, so ill go now and try binding them together

edit:
it worked, there roof of my house is now solid and you cannot see the walls, but when i press 'h' the object goes grey. like asif there is no texture, but the texture was automatic for the first.
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2005 08:05
ok, cool, glad u got it figured out, sry i couldnt help, about the texture sry idk what to tell u, hopefully someone else can help u

4N!ALA70R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2005 16:34
i solved the problem by just loading the object again, but can someone tell me if i had the object textured would that be the same as loading the object again

i.e.
will 'clone object #,#' take up same amount of memory, or less or more, as 'load object #,#' for a second time

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 12:16:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 12:16:13