Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / PC mini

Author
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2005 20:15 Edited at: 18th Feb 2005 20:16
With the recent debut of the mac mini, I bet some people don't know about all the PC mini computers out there. I found a review on Tom's Hardware that took a look at several different models. I preferred the Trigem, which ended up being the same as what Tom chose.
http://www20.tomshardware.com/howto/200502161/index.html

well i was gonna post a picture, but these forums apparently only take strict addresses that following the www. only

"eureka" - Archimedes
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2005 20:27 Edited at: 18th Feb 2005 20:28
I remember an advertisement that was running in my PC gaming mag last year, had a picture of a guy in a public toilet with a mini-PC sitting next to his legs, had the caption, "Now you can take gaming everywhere." - Just thought I'd share that with you.

Oh, and what's wrong with posting images? Works for me.

"Computers are useless, they can only give you answers."
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2005 20:47
There have been models for industrial use for some time now - they're designed as space-convenient PC's for linking to machinery. They are often used in MAME cabinets too, because they're capable and cheap.

As for the living room though, personally I'd rather have a laptop - if it needs a desk, it's not got a huge advantage over a normal desktop PC, and the Mac has the minimalist hassle computer market covered already.

Van-B

It's c**p being the only coder in the village.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 12:17:38
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 12:17:38