Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Simple Fire Script

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2005 21:48
Makes the lighting 'flicker' in a similar fashion to a fire, please tweak it because I was too lazy to fine tune it myself. Should give you the basic idea of how to make a similar fire effect though.

Original Post (Jan 26th):
Quote: "I created a Fire.fpi script a couple weeks ago, I tried to create a video demo of it to post on here but I didn't have a program to compress the file size. However, if any of the other Beta Testers want to have a look and maybe tweak it some more so it looks even better (at the moment, it's still quite rough), I've attached this post with a zip that includes the script and a 'Fire' wav file. Just extract to your FPSC folder and they should go in all the right places. You'll also find a 'Fire Script README.txt' file which explains how to best apply the script and get the wav file working properly, it's not too complex but I felt I should explain anyway."

Download Link:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/xt/xt_apollo_download.php?i=486964

Everything should be detailed in the Readme file, uhh... that's about it... enjoy!

"Computers are useless, they can only give you answers."
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2005 22:12
There is a bug when using dynamic lights in EXE mode. The bug is that it will remove every non-static lights from the game. Lee have confirmed it as an bug.

looking for Royalty free 3D objects?
then Check PanzerGames at this link : http://www.freewebs.com/panzergames
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2005 10:52
What's your point?

"Computers are useless, they can only give you answers."
Ominous
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2005 09:05
Just because it doesn't work now, doesn't mean it won't work in the future. Thanks Exeat. I was kinda hoping someone would make a fire flicker script.

Now is the winter of your discontent.
-Stewie from Family Guy

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 12:55:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 12:55:59