Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / what should i use?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hey i was wondering what the best and easiest lanuage would be to make an rpg game. has any one here made a rpg? If so is it very difficult?

Let the wraith of my unstopable fury rain down upon you.
Sol462
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2005 10:37
that depends on what you prefer. there is no 'easiest' language. and learning the language is one part. practicing it and gaining experience is the other.
you ended up in a darkbasic forum, why not try the demo of darkbasic pro? then you can see how you like it and either buy it, try something else, or stay with the demo. whatever you choose, i wish you the best of luck. just take this little, but essential, advice:
1. start off small, working your way up as you learn. you can't make a halo killer or an RPG when you start, but keep the ideas handy.
2. don't be afraid to ask for help, even for simple things. just make sure that you are specific and polite. there are many people who are willing to help you out.
3. practice gives you experience, the best thing that you can have.

coffee + monkeys + creativity = games
Operation Pineapple - Multiplayer FPS WIP
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2005 10:41
try the demo, DBP is good, and RPG's have been made.

Video games…they can take you places unreachable, impossible, unfeasible. They put you in the book...they put you in the movie...they put you in a world, a world that before could only be imagined.
Inferno God
Years of Service
User Offline
ok. i just downloaded the db demo and went through the tutorial but i am not sure what to do next. is there a free online tutorial i can use. and one more thing. how long do you think it would take me to be able tomake the simplest of games like pong.

Let the wraith of my unstopable fury rain down upon you.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 12:17:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 12:17:59