Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / FPI Maker (Alpha version) now up for beta testing.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2005 18:57
I've been working on an fpi script editor for the past couple of days and this is what I have come up with so far. Please remember that it is still very much in the alpha stages so be gentle with any bug reports

FPI Maker currently supports all commands in the FPSC manual and a couple of undocumented ones that I found while messing around with the scripts. It currently features:

1. Syntax highlighting
2. Intellisense with code completion
3. Tooltip help popups while you type
4. FPI script validation

The FPI script validation is probably the most buggy feature right now , I have tested it on a couple of the scripts that came with FPSC and it seems to work ok, but don't expect it to be 100% accurate. There might have been a command or two that i missed (or misspelled ).

Here are some screenshots:
the validator in action
I rigged the script by misspelling hudimagefine, not putting a parameter for incframe, and having a command with three : marks
http://www.xldevelopment.net/ss/fpimaker4.png

the intellisense
http://www.xldevelopment.net/ss/fpimaker5.png

the help tooltip popup
http://www.xldevelopment.net/ss/fpimaker6.png

If you want to help beta test, go download it here:
http://www.xldevelopment.net/download.php?id=FPIMaker0.1.exe

You will need to have the .NET Framework 1.1 installed for the program to work. You can get it here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/downloads/framework1_1/

Oh and feel free to post any bug reports here or email them to me.

Enjoy

-rlopez
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2005 21:51
Thats looking good.

Suggestions:

When you do something like :st and the list picks up state, could you allow it to fill out the command if you press = as well as tab, will make it quicker to type the command.

Also the validator has a problem with lighton (There are no parameters associated with it, I think the manual was wrong for that command) See attached screen. Which works in FPSC.

Jas

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"

Attachments

Login to view attachments
XLDev
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2005 22:36
Thanks for the suggestions jasuk70. You are right, the manual was wrong for those commands, I suspect that there are others as well . I was having problems getting the autocomplete to work if you press = because I handle the = key as a special case, but it will be in there as soon as I make a workaround. Oh and you can change the way the validator works by editing the Reference.xml file.

For example for lighton I had:

you can change that to

and it will no longer look for a parameter. You can also change the text in the help tags to customize the tooltip help. I'll put an updated Reference.xml file up for download later on today once I verify some more commands that I suspect are documented incorrectly.
Vladimir 74
Years of Service
User Offline
The main part that I don't like, is that cut, copy, paste is not on the program. Hot Keys of Ctrl+V causes some problems. I definatly like the colors for easy identification. Looks very good!

Vladimir74
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2005 02:11
rlopez,

May I have your permission to mirror a download to your tool on fpscreators.com?

XLDev
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2005 08:02
Valdimir 74:

Ctrl+V is a little screwy, what kind of problems did it give you? Cut, copy, paste, and maybe undo and redo will be in the next release.

FPS Creators:

Yes you may mirror a download on my site. It is a .NET application though which might actually try to run instead of download when someone clicks on the link so you will either have to place it i a zip file or link it to the download link on my site. Either one is fine.
XLDev
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2005 13:13
I have updated the reference file to correct the false validation errors which jasuk70 pointed out. Download the attatched zip file and follow the directions in the Readme file.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
eek
Years of Service
User Offline
I'd like to mirror it too (once my site is done)

XLDev
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2005 08:12
eek: You may mirror it on your site.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 14:51:53
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 14:51:53