Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / BlockMan - Demo plus Level Editor

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2005 08:22 Edited at: 20th Feb 2005 09:16
What is BlockMan?

BlockMan is a remake of a very challenging puzzle game that I used to play on my Ti-83 calculator. You are BlockMan, and your mission is to complete all of the eleven levels in the game. To beat each level you must reach the door, but this is not as easy since the door is not always in a convenient place. There are obstacles in the way such as bricks that are non-moveable and blocks that are moveable, which you can use to your advantage. Block Dude has the ability to pick up and put down one block at a time, and then can climb up and down the blocks and bricks in order to reach the door. His movement is limited to one space at a time however, and he can only climb up and to the left or right in one diagonal space. You must use the blocks to get over columns of bricks, and to build staircases to reach other sets of blocks that will be necessary in your goal of reaching the door in each level. The levels become increasingly harder and more complex to solve, and you will need to use strategy and experimentation with your placement of the blocks in order to solve a level.

Controls:

LEFT/RIGHT:
The Left and Right arrow keys will move BlockMan in those directions accordingly. These keys will only turn Block Dude if he is currently trapped in a space with no open positions to the left or right.

DOWN KEY:
The Down key will Pick Up a block that BlockMan is facing and standing adjacent to. It will also Put Down a block that he is holding into the open position currently in front of him.

UP KEY plus Left/Right Key: The Up key plus holding the Left/Right key will allow Block Dude to climb up a block or brick that he is current facing and standing adjacent to. This will make him move diagonally up and left or right depending on which direction he is facing.

Enter KEY:
The Enter key will quit the current level of Block Dude and bring up a message prompt asking you if you want to Restart the current level or not.

Underworld 1020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2005 08:24
Hold on....trying to give you guys a download link....

Underworld 1020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2005 09:14 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2005 03:29
Edit: (nevermind)

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Sweet! I loved Blockdude on the Ti-83! I still play it on my calc. Can't wait to see some screens.

Have a heart and join my message board.And now my messageboards work again!Woot!
Underworld 1020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2005 00:24 Edited at: 21st Feb 2005 00:33
The graphics are really crappy, but here's a screen shot:

It may look crappy, but just try and beat it
It really tests you on your skills and I beat someone will say that a certain level is impossible, but their is a way to beat every level

EDIT:

Here's a screen shot of the original:

Underworld 1020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2005 03:30 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2005 03:31
I finally got a download link for you guys:

http://UnderworldGaming.hellmutharts.com/BlockMan.zip

See Ya

Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2005 05:24
That is a very cool game !...and nice a challenging without being too fustrating.
To improve try making the motion a little smoother, and maybe change the contol for climbing on bricks/boxes just as its a little fiddly.

But well done, nice game there!
Underworld 1020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2005 06:14
Thanks

I found some errors myself just a minuete ago. I'll get them fixed and try to make the movement a little smoother.

See Ya

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 04:23:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 04:23:40