Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Shooting, everything should work...exept it doesnt. (DBP)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2005 10:17
First of all, hey!
Now that thats done with, I'm trying to make basically the simplest fps I can (and now that I've searched the forums so is the other billion newcommers out there). I know it's been asked loads of times, I tried searching the forums for "bullet","fps","shoot/shooting" etc and all I found was basically the two same answeres:
"Make a bullet, hide the bullet, when the mouse is clicked position the bullet at the gun, show the bullet, move the bullet forward, once the bullet is far enough hide the bullet/delete the bullet"
or
"x+y to the squareroot of c times 45 degrees of the object's breakfast"...well, those ones confused me.

I continued on to search the code base and found relatively the same answer, when I tried implementing it into my game I came up with no errors but the bullet wasn't being created/shown/moved/anything really.

So, heres a desc. of what I want to achieve and below is my current code.

Goal:
All I want is a box (which I have) to be able to move around(which I have) and fly (which I have, I know gravity isn't implemented yet) and shoot with the clicking of the left mouse button (which I need). The bullet could be anything, a box, a sphere, a toilet, whatever. The bullet is shot, if it hits something, it either gets hidden or gets deleted. Boom, simple...I think.

Anyways, here's my code. I know it's probably sloppy but hey I'm a noob...erm, newcommer...so I've done the best I can.

Cudo's to anyone that offers a helping hand, to those that don't...I'll assume you're doing your laundry....

P.S: I commented all the stuff that has to do with the bullet.

Causin' RUCCUS whereva' I go.
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2005 10:20
Uh....I pasted the thing into the code section on the post....well here's another try with that code button at the top...

Oh, now I see the source button, ohwell.

RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2005 10:22
Woops, there's an error in there. Heres the error proof version:

Didn't know you were'nt allowed to put REM beside code,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 12:21:49
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 12:21:49