Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / multiple animations

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2005 22:56
I've been looking around the forums for something telling me how to use more than one animation on an object. It seems that the append object command isn't very reliable so is there another way of doing the same job?
Black Shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2005 04:10 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2005 04:11
Well if you want the animations seprate on the object then creat the two halfs of the object in a .x editor, texture each half with a different animation, export each half as seperate files and glue them together in db. If you need them to overlap make two of the same object, texture each with different anims, make one transparent and overlapp them so they look like one object. Hope that helps
Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2005 06:49
There was something like this in the bone deforation thread a while ago, that was for being able to move the characters head independantly of the animation that was playing.

Another idea may be to animate the model as usual, and then use db to save the animation of a single limb to a text file, so you have a range of animations saved. Then you could use the position object limb command to play animations onto induvidual limbs...just a rammbling idea, i think ill try it some time.
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2005 19:47
All I do is use the set frame command.
Eg.
If the user is pressing the upkey set the frame to 0 since thats where the running frame starts, and end it at 60 since thats where it ends and the next animation begins. If they hit the crouch button set the frame to the crouch frame and the end frame to whatever the end of the crouch ani is. Then as a default if nothing is pressed keep the frame at 0 since that is the model just standing. Seems to work pretty good for me.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 15:27:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 15:27:14