Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Entity drops key after dying. How can I do this?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I know there has to be an easy way to have a key, or anything else for that matter, only become visible after an enemy dies. I have a zombie that I want to have a key that is used later on to open a door. I do not want it available until this particular zombie is dead. I have 6 zombies in the room. I realize I need to edit the destroy script for this particular zombie, but I don't see any commands to make an item appear if a particular entity is dead. Since this zombie moves around, the placement of the key should be wherever the zombie dies. Is there a way to do this? I'm stuck.
LostSoul54
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 00:05
Did you figure this out, jcleaver?

I also am having problems with an enemy dropping a key when the are defeated. I know they drop weapons when killed, can they have a weapon and another item/key?

Thank you in advance

It's easy not to get lost when you have no idea where you are going
jcleaver
Years of Service
User Offline
Nope. Still can't get it working. I am not going to give up though!
Hatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Not quite the solution you are looking for, but if you know the rough area where the character dies, you can place the key afterwards using the move commands, although the position would be fixed.
jcleaver
Years of Service
User Offline
That is a thought. I may have to do that as i haven't been able to quite figure out how to do what i want. But, i do know approximately where the enemy will die, and fortunately it is in a darker area so it might fool the senses somewhat.
Zaren
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm guessing the commands do have an entity carry and drop other entities hasn't been added yet.

Something like this should be added by the time multi-player support is up and running to allow a player to drop items for other players to use.
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2005 10:51
Be careful where you drop it because sometimes the enemy can get stuck in a entity or a wall and you would not get the key.

-This...is my boomstick!
Mr Clark
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2005 21:16
They should Allow two items, one primary (gun), and one backup (key or second gun like a hand gun), And then they will drop keys.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 19:05:04
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 19:05:04