Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Fist, Melee, & Primative Projectile Weapon FPI Scripts?

Author
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2005 00:56
Greetings,

I dawned on me that while FPSC seems solid in the area of allowing the use of "shooter" weapons (pistols, rifles, etc), it seems to be lacking the ability for both the player and the AI to use good old fashion fists, melee, bladed, and primitive projectile weapons. The canned scripts don't seem to provide for this.

Is anyone up for the challenge of trying to write a script or scripts that cover these areas? Wolfenstein has always been so much fun...punching guards in the face and all! Of course a nifty shive to the back is always good for some fun, too!

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Seth Black

"...I'm sorry, could you repeat your question a little louder? I'm a trifle deaf in this ear."

- Willie Wonka
Noldor
Years of Service
User Offline
I have managed to make Enemys attack you with melee attacks.
Altouh i have not made any player melee weapons.
They will hopefully have player/monster melee attacks possible
in V1. (remember that it is still only EA version)
Coldnews
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2005 18:04
Cool Noldor, I cant wait to see you Melee weapons when you finally get them done!
Btw have you noticed that TGC have put a "mailback" feature on the posts so you can get a mail when someone replies? Am I going mad? has that always been there? Uv been asking for this feature for a bit now havent u? I dunno if its always been there and I've only just noticed it... :s

www.ColdNews.co.uk - the worlds first solo band.
New coldnews single avalable from here
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 02:23
Noldor,

Thanks for the imput. Which scripts did you modify, and how did you code them to get the AI melee attacks? Reduce attack range, perhaps?

I too would be very interested to see what might be possible in the way of player melee weapons. Models and conversions aren't a problem for me here. I have tried canibalizing existing gunspec.txt files, but haven't been able to jump the gap from ranged to melee.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Seth Black

"...I'm sorry, could you repeat your question a little louder? I'm a trifle deaf in this ear."

- Willie Wonka
Racoon Recon
Years of Service
User Offline
Or make a weapon that is just 2 fists infront of you, and then give it infinite ammo?

Good, bad, heck, I'm the guy with the gun!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 03:12:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 03:12:59