Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Flashing UI help please

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2005 12:27
Hi all,
When using the text command in my 3D game, the text flashes, because im using cls command in order to update some of the things im printing (ie:fps). But when i want to make the UI for my game it flashes, so is there a way i could only make certain parts of the text cls, so my UI isnt flashing?

Video games…they can take you places unreachable, impossible, unfeasible. They put you in the book...they put you in the movie...they put you in a world, a world that before could only be imagined.
wmf
Years of Service
User Offline
if you only have a few lines you can do it this way.
Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2005 20:06
Dont use cls for refreshing in 3D games, use sync in your main loop.
Like 'wmf' said...

Any Help ?
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2005 22:04
k, i kinda get it, but im using sync but will it cls? and if you mean my game only has a few lines, it has over 800, so no

Video games…they can take you places unreachable, impossible, unfeasible. They put you in the book...they put you in the movie...they put you in a world, a world that before could only be imagined.
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2005 22:31
actaully im not using the cls in the main loop, i had it remmed out with a section of code, now im confused, cause it keeps flashing like its erasing it, and also im not just talking about text im talking about shapes, boxes to be exact.

Cryptoman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 00:30 Edited at: 24th Feb 2005 00:31
Use sync on. Then use a sync in your main loop. Cls after you sync.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 12:15:30
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 12:15:30