Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey all.
I made a map in cart shop using some media of my own and some from the ww2 pack.
I've coded the engine so i can move around the map etc but no collision detection yet. I was using set object to polygons - big no no for the fps though!
I know that there is a way to use newton to work it out for the whole level instead of doing it bit by bit from what i've read around. can anyone point me in the right direction on this?
Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2005 17:42 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2005 17:45
Definatly a nono !
This is the thread with the latest version of newton's wrapper in http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=43693&b=5 Remember though that if you are wanting to have a engine for advance physics that this is probably it, but if you want to code your own stuff you could look at sparky's collision routine (infact its handy to have even if you dont use it for your main collision routine) and that can be found here,http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=31051&b=5

I myself havnt stepped into the world of newton yet...mainly because it confused me at first!...and as i was writing my own little physics demos, I still use sparky's collision routines as im not looking for amazing physics just basic stuff.

Nuclear Glory used to be very popular aswell though i dont know that much about it, but others will certainly add more to this thread.

Good luck!
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2005 19:43
There is a command, NDB_NewtonCreateTreeCollision(), which creates a collision body for terrains and other complex, static objects. If you use this, the object in question cannot be moved. It can still have elasticity, softness etc... though.

You would tend to use this for your landscape, and then add separate rigid bodies to other objects you want to interact with.

BatVink

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 12:15:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 12:15:59