Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Request - new type of decal

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
The current decal system is adequete, but produces some strange results. For example when you display a fire decal and walk around, it becomes very obvious that the decal is always facing the player. The effect is akin to the decal being rotated to always face teh player (not exactly what is going on, but thats how it can be percieved)

My suggestion is an additional decal entity that is just a small cylinder with a decal wrapped around it as a texture. I know This is basically asking for animated texture support, but if done right it would be more immersive and make some decals look more 3 dimensional.
eek
Years of Service
User Offline
Thats because the decal is a 2d image. To make it look 3d it has to rotate, even though it's obvious it's not. It's basically like really old shooters that were all pixels. Sorry I can't make a good fire effect though.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 15:54:33
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 15:54:33