Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Dark Phire

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 11:00 Edited at: 15th Mar 2005 13:41
Introducing

DARK PHIRE

Dark Basic Level editor

Dark Phire is a simple and soon to be powerful WYSIWYG level editor for the developement of Dark Basic programs and games. It's designed to speed up the process of designing levels and scaling models by allowing developement teams to do so in realtime. This saves time (and brain cells) that could be put to better use writing and tweeking game engines. Also, once the game engine is done, it will allow game designers to expand the number of levels in a game at blazing speeds.

Features:
Global positioning, rotating, and scaling of models
Local positioning, rotating, and scaling of models
Loads 3ds and x fomat models
Loads DPT(Dark Phire Text) level files
Saves x format models
Saves DPT level files
Saves DBA files containing Dark Basic codes to be used in game

ScreenShots:

Controls:
When working with the "OBJECT TOOLS", you left clik to select the tool you want to use. Then while holding the right click you move the mouse left and right to activate the tool. Simple!

Notes:
Currently Dark Phire is only about 30% complete. I still need to add the camera controls, model selection tools, and model alignment tools.

Now all I have to do is get Dark Phire ready to ship.

* Edited *
Download the self extacting zip Here:
[href]http:http://home.earthlink.net/~timdon5763/images/Dark Phire.EXE[/href]
It's about a 1.5MB file

To Fragg or Not To Fragg....
Yea right. Let's FRAGG EM ALL!!!!
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Can't see the screens.

Have a heart and join my message board.And now my messageboards work again!Woot!
Shadow Light
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2005 11:09
I fixed em just for you AB!

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
It looks nice. I'll download it tomorrow.

Have a heart and join my message board.And now my messageboards work again!Woot!
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2005 22:48
looks pretty neat. cant beat mine though hehe j/k

Cliff 3degs network
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2005 18:07
looks awesome great work.

AMD ATHLON 1.8 XP WITH AN GEFORCE 4 TITANIUM 4600 (128 MB) AND 256 MB DDRAM (266).
Shadow Light
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2005 07:05
I'm still working on the camera controls due to a minor bug when trying to use preset views like top, bottom, left, right. when you press the number keys 1-7. For some reason the point camera command is not working how I need it to. Well, I've got coding to do.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2005 21:06
sweet! If this works as well as it looks then i might not have to buy cartography shop(I am using school computers so i can't try it until i get home)
duude!!!! sweetness.....

Can anyone tell me the theory of knowledge?
Shadow Light
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2005 14:03
OoooOOOOoOoOO!!!KaAAAaaAaAaY!!!!

I've got the camera contols working. I had to change the Point Camera commands to Rotate Camera so that the preset views will work. You may need to zoom in or out depending on the scale of the models you are working on, but you can select top/botom/front/back/left/and right side views.

Also, I've added the Fix Object Pivot command to the Objects tool so it will be easier to correctly position and rotate your objects. Just remeber to save your models after using this. Also, reload the corrected model before making and saving a level so that when you load the model later or use the level in your game or in Dark Phire it will be correctly positioned and orientated. I will make using it more user friendly by the final release.

One more change, I will not be adding the alignment tools until a later version. However, I am begining to work on the selection tools so that Dark Phire will be ready to be upgraded into a full program which means a Program Annoucement forum post is soon to come. In the mean time, I would like everyone who wishes to test it out and check for crashes and bugs.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 04:33:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 04:33:16