Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Jason's Resurrection

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2005 16:44
Hello all. I've got a little project going on that is based off the Friday the 13th movies. I've been tinkering with story ideas and such and putting parts of the game together little by little.

As of now the game is in it's baby stages and there's not a whole lot of play to it yet, though there is some. So far I've gotten a portion of the beginning area laid out. I have created a function that will handle any item that can be picked up. Things like this are what I've mainly been working on. Structuring out the program so that later I can focus on the actual game more.

There is a working inventory and is probably about 70% complete right now. There are a couple very short little cutscenes during gameplay, and I plan on using those very much so in the game, mostly to help give the game a scary feel.

I've done all the level design/modelling myself, and it's ok but nothing to brage about for sure. There is no character made yet, so the famous cube is our hero for now.

I've been using NGC for this and there is a bug in the movement which causes the player to stop moving forward or backward after a while, yet he still rotates. That's the only bug so far I haven't been able to fix. So for now I'm waiting for the update to 3.01. God forbid I have to rework the whole collision thing, but I will if i have to.

Any ideas that would be good for the game are much welcome!
Also any modelers interested in helping with some characters are welcome for sure! You'll get credit but no profit!! lol...That's because I'm just making it for fun in my spare time and even if it gets half done I'll be happy.

Anyway...some early Tester Screens...

Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2005 17:25
wow, sounds hot. will keep an eye on this one.

Calevra
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2005 05:57
very nice game i think a little bit of lightmapping would help to make is scarier

Quote: "I've been using NGC for this and there is a bug in the movement which causes the player to stop moving forward or backward after a while, yet he still rotates."

isnt that case in the trial of NGC?that after a couple of minutes it just freezes..have you actually bought it or did you just download the demo?and if have bought it..have you entered your serial right?i think that may be the problem..i dont think its a bug. Anyways,i wish you good luck and i hope you'll have fun working on your project

FakeBlood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2005 15:38
Yeah I bought it, havent done a serial may need to check that out..I will throw a fit if that was the problem all along lol, doubt I'm that lucky though
Calevra
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2005 00:58
lol im 100% sure you MUST fill in a serial on top of your code or else it will work only for a short period.Put this on top of your code
StartCollisionPRO( 000000000, 000000000, 000000000 ) and put the serial where the 0's now are.

FakeBlood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2005 16:21
Yep you were right...you know I never wouldve thought of that on my own..good lord thats just too funny. Thanks a ton for mentioning it. Ive been thinking "is my code THAT BAD?" lol, thanks again man.
Calevra
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2005 01:41 Edited at: 4th Mar 2005 01:41
hehe youre welcome

FakeBlood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2005 16:02
new screen, not much...

Flindiana Jones
Years of Service