Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Trees a bit of a pain but can happen.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2005 11:37 Edited at: 1st Mar 2005 11:38
Here's a pic of a tree inside of fpscreator using Aliencodec's Treemagik 2.

glyvin101
Years of Service
User Offline
wow can u post some tree models
Zone Chicken
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2005 11:57 Edited at: 1st Mar 2005 12:18
I don't belive i can post the models from that program, i think they are only allowed to be distributed through a game. (someone correct me if im wrong about the models though)

The program is great for making tree's and tgc sells it for only 50 bucks on this site http://treemagik.thegamecreators.com/ be aware though that this program was not made to export models into fpscreator and it isn't as simple as just puting your model into fpscreator as 1 entity to get it to work.

here is another pic

EDITED: After going to there website i just found out that treemagik plus is freeware now, so if you want use that here is the link, however i still can't post model's as im using treemagikG2
http://www.aliencodec.com/products/treemagik_plus/index.php
I could write a tutorial on how to get the object's in if enough people are interested and someone has not done so already.

Stevie
User Banned
Posted: 1st Mar 2005 19:55
Hi,

It would be great to know, how to get the models into FPS. The fact that the trees are tiled, with there textures, rater than skinned has me stumped - because FPS looks for a directory for '1' texture. Please tell.. how to do.. i would apreciate it.

Cheers

Steve
glyvin101
Years of Service
User Offline
i would like that and can u make .x files with this and is it a real pain to export them into your game
Zone Chicken
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2005 06:46 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2005 07:04
@Stevie yup the trees are just tiled and when you import them you can only use one texture, but there is a very simple work around for this.

I'll use the demotree1 for this example.
First have your tree fully ready to export how you would like to see it in the game. The only thing i did was move the lower stump out some and make the tree a bit thicker.

Go to leaves in the tool bar and remove all leaves, this will leave you with the trunk and the branchs. Export this as your trunk.x model that will be used for the tree.

Next go back to your leaves in the tool bar and open leaf menu. Generate branch leaves, and you sould be right back to the same tree you started with. Then go to trunk operations and reduce the trunk settings, tapertrunk, Upper stump, Lower stump to 0 then reduce the thickness to 0. I say this order cause sometimes treemagik will send the leaves and branchs off to the side if you reduce in another order or reduce the model to fast. If this happens just resize up your thickness and your branchs and leaves will be brought back to there orginal position and reduce the thickness again usually however sometimes your model gets lost. Last click branchs remove all branchs, and you should have just your leaves, with very thin small line for a trunk under them.

Export this as leaves.x so now you will have 2 .x models, and your textures (of course you have to convert these to tga, or .dds) 1 model for your trunk and branchs, and another one for your leaves. Just put these models in like you would any other fpscreator entity and in your .fpe for these models just point each one to its own texture file. In fpscreator the alpha does not show up in your editor so you trees will look like a mess showing the full leave polys and you will see the small trunk poly under the leaves.

Just line that line up with center of your trunk model and test it. And the tree will be in fpscreator.

At first it seemed like it was a pain to get them in and that i would have to remap them all but its actually quite easy and much faster then uv mapping out a tree's, at least for me it is. And i didn't want the money i spent on treemagik to go to waste.

Zone Chicken
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2005 07:11
Also would like to add that Plantlife models work perfect with fpscreator because there textures are exported 512 x 512 .png uv mapped with a alpha channel just needs to be converted to .tga or .dds, resulting in only one texture for the model. So you do not have fool around making two models, or re uv mapping your model to get it to work with fpscreator.

patman
Years of Service
User Offline
i have the freeware version 1 and dont know how to save as .x because it only allows you to save as .tmg

P.Lancaster

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 10:07:42
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 10:07:42