Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Load sound/music problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i have been trying to make a game like the Monster Hunt 3D, from the tutorials.

and everything was going great untill i got to the load sounds part,,,
every time i try 2 load a sound or music i keep getting the error Runtime Warning at line24 music could not be loaded at line 24 or the same with sound except it says sound instead of music. btw the sound is a midi type, and it came with darkbasic. the file name is Slayer_Dance_2

hope some1 can help this noob out
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2005 10:45
are you developing in basic or pro?

here is a simple test snippet in pro

If no-one gives your an answer to a question you have asked, consider:- Is your question clear.- Did you ask nicely.- Are you showing any effort to solve the problem yourself
Clueless
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2005 10:49
Two things that always bit me on loading sounds:

1. Make sure to understand which file types are supported by LOAD SOUND and which ones are supported by LOAD MUSIC -- and which types are not! Check your help file for each command...

2. Make sure the sound/music file is actually IN the folder from which you're trying to load it. If you're in doubt, specify the entire pathname to the file as part of its name in the LOAD statement
(that is, LOAD SOUND "C:\SOUNDS\MYGAME1\BAM.WAV" instead of LOAD SOUND "BAM.WAV")
Meltabomb
Years of Service
User Offline
ok, thx

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 13:27:36
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 13:27:36