Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / omg it's slow rpg!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2005 00:26 Edited at: 5th Mar 2005 01:47
DBC only - slow no more!

Yeah I like what I've been working towards. not. But I have got somewhere. I've looked around for ideas on how to make backgrounds for rpgs? Well I'm not fully there but I have made this.

The white strip shows you where the sprite did in fact get placed on the screen. Loads of trouble getting images for the 3D display. Lots of tandum dances where performed.

My program uses the LOCK OBJECT ON command from some helpful code snippet, MAKEHUDOBJECT() by Jason. After lots of exploring it actually sticks the image I made bang on the screen INFRONT of the camera, and 3D! Not intended to disable transparency. You can see my bloke hiding by the red circle.

Final pr0dckt. version 0.02.10 after a month of poking at it. I was so gonna ask on the forum just now why the code was messing around with me and I did one more test.

after sticking a sync in it recognises the lock object layer.

Here is what my loop looks like. It's not much and the player cube moves around abit slower than before. Noticable. If I ever get 10 other objects on screen all animating I may notice a big -HALT-.

The sprites where the only way I could get anything to show infront of the LOCKED object. So it's one way the program works. I didn't like the idea of using sprites with 3d as the performance hit I've heard yeah I know tell me about it.-.-. Maybe I will find another way but I'm saying. It works ONLY IF YOU ADD IN THE SYNC AFTER THE GET IMAGE. WHICH DOE SN'T M AKE SENCE

Now I can say yes.. I got it to work. LEt's see now..

**Officialy has a mental illness.
" Ahh to finish something! My boy, have you ever accomplished anything? "
Los
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2005 00:43 Edited at: 5th Mar 2005 01:46

Working on project
Cigerettes smoked - 200
Cups of tea drank - 30
Pot Noodles eaten - 8
Number of times my ass hurt so bad - 4

these are only rough estimations so should not be deemed reliable.

The game is not slow. I used SET SPRITE 1,0,0 and it runs as fine as before. Great for smooth gameplay!

**Officialy has a mental illness.
" Ahh to finish something! My boy, have you ever accomplished anything? "
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2005 14:38
lol @

Working on project
Cigerettes smoked - 200
Cups of tea drank - 30
Pot Noodles eaten - 8
Number of times my ass hurt so bad - 4

If no-one gives your an answer to a question you have asked, consider:- Is your question clear.- Did you ask nicely.- Are you showing any effort to solve the problem yourself

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 13:23:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 13:23:16