Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Tactical Espionage

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2005 09:28
Tactical Espionage, is a modern day tactical warfare simulation. Designed as a Team / Squad Based game, large numbers of players play-out tactical senarios with each member of a team trying to work together towards a common goal.

As this is an online multiplayer game, and there is only one of me. It is necessary to test the features of the Multiplayer aspect in Public tests.

This is the first of, hopefully many Test Releases.

Version 0.2 Build 13
In this release there is quite literally nothing to do. The more important thing is finding out some raw test information.

[ Status: Unknown ] Potencial Bug :: Clients are only capable fo seeing themselves and the Host. Hopefully this only affects Multiple Instance users, and each Real user does not suffer from this problem.

[ Status: Schedualed ] Known Bug :: If you do not put in anything for your name, or server then the engine crashes.

Apart from that, if you could list any additional problems you feel would be of help. That would be fantastic.

Please note Connection problems are of great interest to this project. So if you cannot connect, then please try again in 10minutes. If you fail to connect again, could you please write down your Operating System, Internet Service Provider, Internet Speed, and Modem Type (Cable, DSL, ADSL, Dial-Up, ISDN, T1)

Also if the problem is resolved by your actions somehow, the please forward that as well.

Download - Version 0.2 Build 13 - 1.45MB [7.13MB]

Instructions::
Make sure to extract the Fonts.exe to C:/Windows/Fonts/ or where ever your Windows Folder is stored. If you do not do this, then it will cause some minor quality loss.

The Self-Extracting Exe will always export the main game files to the same directory, and it will always be named the same. So it would make sense to create a Shortcut.

System: Windows XP CPU: AMD Athlon 2600+ RAM: 512MB Video: GeForce FX 5200 Audio: C-Media 9739 DirectX: Version 9.0c
Osiris
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2005 11:54
Quote: "In this release there is quite literally nothing to do."

I know what you mean, I just got a white screen telling me that I Osiris and the host (again me) were connected.

Required
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2005 16:49
I have taken the server down for the time being, it hopefully will be up once I have rewritten the Multiplayer aspect.
May add the User Interface at the same time, as you can see it is looking quite nice.

Think what was throwing me with the Multiplayer was I set the Net Connection as a Client~Server as opposed to the Peer~To~Peer that all of the documentation is based around. Due to the documentation not covering how the Client~Server system worked, I assumed they both worked the same way.

This will be one of the in-game models, once completed.

System: Windows XP CPU: AMD Athlon 2600+ RAM: 512MB Video: GeForce FX 5200 Audio: C-Media 9739 DirectX: Version 9.0c
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2005 10:03
nic ecar, u model it yourself?

Sol462
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2005 05:34
The UI is simple, yet I love it. Can't wait for the server to be back up.

Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2005 14:43 Edited at: 10th Mar 2005 14:50
Wait... does this mean no Deliverpants?

Oh, and I was also wondering if you could enlighten us as to which form(s) of espionage is NOT tactical. Thanks

Well we all shine on, like the moon, and the stars, and the sun.
shado
Years of Service
User Offline
very nice car model you have going there. do you need any help with models? http://photobucket.com/albums/v612/HIethan592/ my most recent stuff is there

Required
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2005 15:15
@Widgget - Yup made the car myself. Tried to texture it several times with results I wasn't pleased with.

@haxorphreak - Hope to have the server up Friday evening.
It will be running a simple FPS game to allow me to stress-test connections now that the connection phase was successful.

@Jimmy - ?

@shado W - Thank you for the offer, but I'd prefer to work alone on this.

Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2005 15:29
Sorry Required, I confused you for someone else.

Yo shado, you can come work for me. I pay you in corn nuts, you do good job. Call me.

Well we all shine on, like the moon, and the stars, and the sun.
shado
Years of Service
User Offline
jimmy what do you need? are they dry roasted corn nuts? i tried to call but i kept getting weight watchers

and no prob required

Sol462
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2005 07:58
Sucks, I picked the right weekend to go out of town. Any clue as if it's be up next week, too?

ALPHA ZERO PRODUCTIONS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2005 08:11
any more screenshots for us ?

NEW WEBSITE ONLINE (best viewed with FireFox)
XboxLive Gamertag: AZP [URL=http://www.a-z-p.co.nr][/URL]
Oraculaca
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2005 04:45
@Required : Jimmy meant, 'what has happened to Deliverance?'

Btw some guy called Robert Lettan has hacked your Exe, you really should watch out for him.
F i l e V e r s i o n v 0 . 2 4 4 4 4 4 b !  I n t e r n a l N a m e D a r k B A S I C P r o P r o j e c t 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 f !  L e g a l C o p y r i g h t C o p y r i g h t © 2 0 0 5 R o b e r t L e t t a n . j !  L e g a l T r a d e m a r k s 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 j !  O r i g i n a l F i l e n a m e T a i

Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2005 05:43
wtf, I thought he left. Either he's still around as someone else or someone's posing as him...

Have you ever met a girl that you tried to date, But instead of make love she wanted you to wait
Let me tell ya a story of my situation, I was talkin’ to this girl from the u.s. nation
adr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2005 17:09
Quote: "btw some guy called Robert Lettan has hacked your Exe, you really should watch out for him."

You know what I see? screenies. So irrespective of who made them, I see progress and a potential game. This can only be a good thing for the community. Plus, any game which seems to involve a sporty 4 door car and guns has gotta be good (I assume by "Tactical Espionage", the game isn't about solving problems with diplomacy).

If only the world were made of screenies, it would be a better place.

book is death - wife is stupid
Required
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2005 01:09
Quote: "the game isn't about solving problems with diplomacy"

Sure it is! Just Negotiating with Extreme Prejudice.

Quote: "Btw some guy called Robert Lettan has hacked your Exe, you really should watch out for him."

Why would he hack my software? I have to use his computer in order to use Dark Basic Professional.

Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2005 06:25
Sounds like a sweet project, looking foreward to more.
Required
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2005 09:41 Edited at: 19th Mar 2005 09:42
The basic player model. Need to be textured, but it looks pretty cool.

It is appearently under 2,500 polygons. Should make for a good in-game model once it is finished.

This one is probably one of the US/UK Soldiers. It might be one of the terrorist cell members. I will have to ask my brother in the morning.

I want to finish the build currently under development. Figured the game models would be finished by now. Will have to create place-holder models for the new build.

Not sure when I can get it finish though.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2005 16:16
Is that thing male or female?

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2005 20:57
Stoe the question right atta my mouth.

My cat! My cat is on fire! Dear god someone help!
Required
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2005 09:32
[Raven]

Depends how butch the lesbiens you date are.

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks nice Required, I do have a question since that post says Raven, are you his younger brother or some relative?

Have a heart and join my message board.And now my messageboards work again!Woot!
Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2005 01:53
"Is that thing male or female?"

"Depends how butch the lesbiens you date are."

That doesn't even make sense. I understand it's supposed to be a joke, but read it carefully.. It doesn't... fit.

Oh and let's get on with the Build Release eh?

Required
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2005 02:08
Quote: "Looks nice Required, I do have a question since that post says Raven, are you his younger brother or some relative?"

Yes.

Quote: "Oh and let's get on with the Build Release eh?"

Your not the boss of me. I will release a new build when it works.

ALPHA ZERO PRODUCTIONS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2005 11:01
are you guys still working on it ?

hi

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 06:28:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 06:28:45