Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Race Games

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2003 04:09
Hi guys/girls,,as you can all guess I am new to this forum and I have only 1 question. I looked and looked but couldnt find the answer I was looking for BUT no luck so I figured Ill ask it here.

Is it possible to make RACING games with this game engine? Such as Nascar,Monster Trucks,Drag Racing etc...

I have tried 1 other game engine but Its not really what I am looking for,so I figured Ill give this engine a try if it can do what I am looking for.

I am looking to make a racing game such as Monster Truck madness 2 and nascar.

Well thats all I need to know before I order,Thanks for any help that anyone can give me.

Thanks
cypher
Years of Service
User Offline
The answer is yes. The advice is kearn, learn, and more learning.

a small demo you can download and do with as you please is located at;

http://www.gamedevvault.com/dbpro/race/race.zip

It as simple as they get, it is a flat race track with an opponent to toy with and keyboard controls for driving.

With more coding of course you could make it into a different type of game, rolling hills etc.

The version at the link above is a rough ALPHA version. I am currently on beta 2.1 right now. I will have it posted at GameDevVault when I get it done, but for now feel free to DL my ALPHA version and use it.

have fun
Cypher

Megaman Zero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2003 10:02
Hey Serpent, are you the same one from the Pie forum? If so, this engine is great, I have moved on from Pie to this engine, all I have to do is wait for my next paycheck, then its mine.

By the way, my name was Rex on the Pie forum, remember me? I've been with this program since 2 days ago. It is easier to use than A5, & can make really neat games, in short lines of code.

I am thinking about starting small & making a hover car racing level, kinda like a mix between F-Zero & Wipeout.

The Shadow Guyver
http://heero_yuy1983.tripod.com/nrtp/
Serpent
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2003 01:11
Thanks guys, and to answer your question,YES I am the same Serpent from the Pie forum. I love the GCS system BUT its not totally what I am looking for. It will work for now for building my horror games but not for my racing games that I would like to create.

I think I will give this game engine a shot once this weeks paycheck rolls in. Ahhh I forgot what I wanted to ask.......... Oh now i remember,,Does this game creation system require a install program once you finish a game like pie does? Cause I bought a new installer and I am just curious if I am gonna need it or did I waste my money?

Thanks guys

Megaman Zero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2003 08:01
By any chance, have you downloaded the one from clickteam? A lot of people use it, from almost every engine on earth, that is still in print.

LOL, I guess we are both waiting for our next paychecks, mine is supposed to come out Friday, but it always takes them at lest 2 days after the day it is due to get it in, dont know, maybe I should complain, but im not in a bad mood about it, but I will be unless it comes out on Friday this week, otherwise, I will be really mad, maybe even insanely mad. Its just that the wait to get my paycheck is already torture, but it will be even more torture if I dont get it on Friday, maybe even enough to drive me over the edge, best lock myself in my room I guess. J/K ^^" But I still will be mad, if they do it again.

Serpent
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2003 07:39
Yes I did download the install program from ClickTeam,,and then i bought it cause i didnt want to have extra adds or anything when someone installs my games. But am i gonna need this install program when i make a game with this game engine? I guess so but i am just making sure.

I have seen a few racing games that were created with this engine but on all the car models i have seen it doesnt look like the tires are turning. Is it possible to make tires turn with the speed of the vehicle?

Thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 02:37:30
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 02:37:30