Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Snow Island

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2005 03:02 Edited at: 21st May 2011 15:48

SNOW ISLAND

Snow Island is back, Beta2 is now in production and has been for the last four months. Many of the Island's models have been started and I'll be posting the new Gene-FUSION Visitor's Centre as it completed in the next coming weeks so stand by for them.

Here is the first renders of the new soldier that you will control in beta2, all models are been created by JBrady, (aka SGTKoolaid) which I would like to thank for his time/effort and great work on this project. I hope everyone will support this project like the support I recieved on Snow Island beta1 and Beware The Moon.

BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2005 03:04
Alright! That new model is sexy.

Crazy Donut Productions
Current Project: A Redneck game
BF game programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2005 03:05
the models look good!

james bond rules
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2005 03:07
Looking good bigbrother 2000. You know I'm a fan of your games, so don't be afraid to hold back any information.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly known as Yellow)
Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2005 06:34
You owe SgtKoolAid a beer dude...looks great !...looking foreward to progress
AlexRiva
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2005 08:58
Seems great! I've seen your game's homesite and all is very professional and well designed (the cd cover!)
I'll try the beta in the next days (It's a big file for my poor old connection)
Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2005 02:43
Story like Desert Dead (my game)
You crashed somewere and must kill something...

... COOL
we can trade with 3d models mail me
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2005 09:36
Holy crap I can't wait to see more from you, you're one of my favorite DB developers

Have you ever met a girl that you tried to date, But instead of make love she wanted you to wait
Let me tell ya a story of my situation, I was talkin’ to this girl from the u.s. nation
Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2005 01:27
I have New heli models I will email you
Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2005 04:25
Nice model!
No offence though, but that trailer is a waste of download time...
Well made and all, but it has NO gameplay footage. Have you ever been to www.fraps.com ? They offer a cool, free, tool for capturing footage of your game.

Drew Camerons free games - http://www.drewsgames.com/
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2005 06:43
Yeah, you could probably just stick that in the flash site.

Crazy Donut Productions
SGT KOOLAID
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2005 12:19 Edited at: 19th Mar 2005 12:30
not to worry i am texturing the level as we speak so footage will come asap. i should have first renders of the actual level as well as gameplay footage within a few days to a week if everything goes smoothly. it may be a walk thru (kinda float thru the level)because i gotta still animate the soldier completely, but it is rigged with biped so all i need to do is complete some key animations like idle, walk, and shoot keeping it simple for right now will have more advanced animations as well as animating the creatures I have made. that will come abit later once the level is textured more fully. I am glad you all like the work, i am grateful for the positive comments, and once again, dont be afraid once things are more gradually announced and displayed to give critiques I want to know what you think, like, dont like, suggestions are always welcome. well anyway let me get out of here. ill be in touch soon.

oh and for a taste for the new weapon selection ( will be displayed very soon with bigbrothers approval)
M4A1(completed)
M4A1-203(completed)
AR-15 Urban tactical assault rifle(in progress)
Urban tactical riot 18" barrel cylinder pumpaction shotgun(in progress)
Glock17 9MM AP/SP( dual glock17's)-(completed)
AT4 launcher ( for large boss creature i am currently developing)
**possiblily a flame thrower (for small swarming creatures im making)
bigbrother 2000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2005 18:47 Edited at: 26th Jun 2005 19:00
THE VISITORS CENTRE

Work continues as life does, just passed my second year at University. Here as some renders of the new visitors centre. Some of you may remember the visitors centre from the original beta1 where you needed to switch on the power to the island so you could open/close the compound doors, as part of the new beta2 everything is been redone and completely in .x format. Hope you all like the new look, we're working on most models simultaneously but I'll only post when models are nearing completion.

SNOW ISLAND : www.snowisland.co.uk
BEWARE THE MOON : www.bewarethemoon.com
KMS STUDIOS : www.kms-studios.cjb.com
BF game programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2005 05:43
nice!

james bond rules and star wars
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2005 06:05
Yeah that does look pretty good. Is it lightmapped?

soapyfish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2005 08:16
Was just starting to wonder what ever happened to this project, nice to see it's still being worked on. Looking great so far. Good luck.

Formely play2kill

When the power of love overcomes the love of the power... the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2005 01:35
I like the new visiter center very much.

(Formerly Yellow)
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2005 22:04
Awesome.

Snow Island for President!

Crazy Donut Productions
bigbrother 2000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2005 06:04 Edited at: 16th May 2011 19:37
Thanks for positive comments,
KYP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2005 09:40
wow, nice graphics!

ALPHA ZERO PRODUCTIONS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2005 14:28
reminds me of my first house

bigbrother 2000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2005 01:22 Edited at: 16th May 2011 19:38
UNDERGROUND: STATION A

Here are some new renders of a brand new location in the game that was not in Beta1. The new Underground system will allow the player to move around the Island much quicker than walking. Here I present Station A which is located below the visitors centre (screens above). Also added a suggestions page to the website, click on HTML then the suggestions link if you have anything you would like to see in the game leaving this forum thread for thoughts on the game.

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Very nice ambient especially with those movie posters.

Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2005 07:52
Sexaaaaayyyy

Benjamin says: fecking twat of a program [msn7]
Meh blog
STALKER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2005 23:18
Yes, they are quite arousing images

>>>>>>>>>>>MIRAGE STUDIOS<<<<<<<<<<<
>>MEDIEVAL CARNIVAL<->GLADIATOR ARENA<<
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2005 05:52
OMG!!!

And an underground system is a great idea!!!

"If I wanted normal, why would I be here?"
-Me, just before being rushed to the emergency room
Indian Homie G
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2005 06:02
holy #^*$#&($^&*#^$&*#^$

that underground is HOT

AMD Athlon XP 3000+, S3 Deltachrome s8, 512 PC3200 RAM, 160 GB HD
SGT KOOLAID
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2005 12:06 Edited at: 29th Jun 2005 12:08
good to see you all like the progress. I had bigbrother to take on some of the work from the existing VC and underground station i started, cause i had problems schedule wise (lkost my job so was hunting my ass off for a new one for a good couple weeks ) not too shabby for a person who models little huh. But I am in full swing of things now and my next thing to showcase is a COnnex type monorail train in which is enterable. ill send Biggie the screen renders. as well as starting a shipping port and the nefarious lab facility complex where all the acitivity is centered around. I also got some friends who i spoke to who will eventually get some voice acting into this game which should be decribed in further detail at a undisclosed date in the future. I am hoping the way things go this game will come easily more than a hour or more gameplay I even spoke to biggie of a level where u fight off a swarm of "pod snakes" witha mounted M2 .50 caliber Machine gun which was penetrated earlier thru w breached area where the employees made a last ditch effort to fight off the creatures. these are things IM hoping to model and present in exciting detail. (lost a lot of work looking a job finally got one though anyway I promise have things pumping out to get this game to a presentable state in which to play as soon as possible.
Ace Of Spades
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2005 12:27
looks like the texture on some of the beams and the poles are a bit stretched, but other than that...great job!

Don't look at me like that!
SGT KOOLAID
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2005 20:37
already talked to him about that. was the first thing i pointed out besides being impressive. its already corrected i believe.
Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2005 21:16
Excellent shots & models!!!!!!!!

Guido
http://www.vues3d.com
Zero Blitzt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2005 01:52
Very, Very nice.

"And C++ has 2 version Microsoft visual C++ and Bordland C++."
bigbrother 2000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2005 01:25 Edited at: 21st May 2011 15:52
THE LIGHTHOUSE

Hi everyone, another model completed ready for view, the return of the lighthouse that people will remember from beta1. Also a big thank you to all the positive comments, this is one of the best communities I know and I think you all deserve a big shout for the great work everyone produces; BearCDP, BF game programmer, MikeS, Baggers, Mattman, Drew Cameron, Megaton Cat, soapyfish, young programmer, Anime Blood, Hawkeye, Stalker, Bizar Guy, Indian Homie G, Ley, Vues3d on Kalimee, Zero Blitzt.

Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2005 04:09
Thanks man !...The lighthouse looks very nice, its amazing to see how far this has come from the first edition. If you do as good a job with the storyline as with the models then this will be a simply awesome game.
Anyway keep up the good work !

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah thanks.
Anyways the lighthouse is looking even better!

SGT KOOLAID
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2005 07:53
well im in talks with a few friends in regards with the voice acting. I have a friend who has a studio who is going to help do music, sound effects as well as record actual voice overs for the game. I got around 4 people so far dedicated to this game when me and big brother can flesh out a detailed plot related to what happened to the game. biggest one im working on soon once i get the train done is a scene of the black hawk crashing and a frantic scene with the crew desperately trying to contact CQ on mainland. needless to say the persons i Have doing the vocals is very talented. This new edition of the game is going to be steller i think so far its proving to be moving into that area with the hardwork me and big brother is doing, especially big brother with is awesome coding. <tips hat to bigbrother.
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2005 20:48
dude it looks pretty sweet in progress, can't wait to see what progress you get in DB

Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2005 00:25
Quote: "...Hawkeye, Stalker, Bizar Guy, ...."

Hi mom!

Lighthouse looks awesome Have you considered adding a few "imperfections" on the side? It looks a little too clean atm (the abscence of bird poop is conpicious)

Benjamin says: fecking twat of a program [msn7]
Meh blog
soapyfish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2005 00:49 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2005 00:53
Quote: "soapyfish"

Yay!!!

Game's looking even better. Just out of interest, which program are you using to make those levels. Apologies if it's already been answered but I couldn't see it anywhere.

Good Luck

EDIT:: And the website's great.

Formely play2kill

When the power of love overcomes the love of the power... the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
bigbrother 2000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2005 06:02
Hey Hawkeye, I know what you mean, the same applies to the Visitors Centre I think, but this is due to the 3D Max renders, in Darkbasic it renders the model with lighting that affects per vertex in a polygon so depending on where lights are positioned the smooth clean look disappears giving a nice lighting effect too, although the shadows arn't present in DB it still looks kwl. That also answers you question soapyfish, I'm using 3DS Max 5, I think SGT Koolaid is using 6, but he converts them to .3ds so i can import them into the big level as each model is completed. Thanks for more positive comments guys, glad you all like the new lighthouse, its so kwl that you can now walk up to the top rather than using a camera sequence to give the effect of getting to the top that was used in Beta1.

Psycho Gary
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2005 23:46 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2005 23:48
REALLY great game...

i tried the beta download on your site, and found a glitch :s dunno if you sorted it out or not

when you press 1,2 or 3 during the dynamic camera when you exit the lighthouse.... well... the attached happens, and you get stuck...
(you probably fixed this in newest version, just in case) i have the version where a dynamic cam takes you from the top and bottom of the lighthouse..... anyways...

brilliant game you rule

:p

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2005 03:39 Edited at: 4th Jul 2005 03:40
I just dug up the BETA for the first time too. It's pretty good and solid, but I know you can improve on it, judging by the photos of the new stuff!!

You have great potential, you're coming along fine and this project is promising so I hope it becomes a full, complete reality.

Eagerly awaiting next version.

Dumbo and Cool

WIP Board!
bigbrother 2000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2005 22:34 Edited at: 21st May 2011 15:54
Psycho Gary - Thanks for testing first version, you don't need to worry about that bug, I'm starting on a blank canvas for beta2
bigbrother 2000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2005 02:45
SUBWAY TRAIN

Finally another model finished for Snow Island. Here's renders of the subway train, which is used to transport Gene-Fusion employees on the island deep underground. Although now it could be your only escape route off the Island. They player will be able to visit a station and catch the train to the other areas on the island, with the inside modelled too, you can actually walk onto the train from the platform. The Island is coming together now with the rest of the Island already planned out, as the models are completed these will be posted. Hope you all like the new train and a big thank you to SGT Koolaid for the texturing of the train, I know it took a long time after my naff modeling lol.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2005 04:31
looks great!

Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2005 06:02
Holy sh!t, that looks amazing!

Can't wait; that beats my Dumbo and Cool monorail 100,000,000 to 1...

Katie Holmes does not endorse D&C or Drew Cameron.
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2005 11:02
Very nice. Perhaps you could add "Gene Fusion Rail" or something across the side of the train in a cool font. Kind of give the fuel that this gene fusion company is everywhere and really powerful(Unless you're going for the opposite, and they're suppose to be top secret).

Keep up the good work.

(Formerly Yellow)
bigbrother 2000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2005 17:30 Edited at: 21st May 2011 15:56
Thanks Seppuku Geijutsu
Nytmayre
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2005 19:32
WOW!!!! Big Brother2000, you are my new role model! I think that this is one of the best games I have ever seen made in dbpro ANYWHERE! Say, I just flicked through your other threads, and I'm guessing that the GENE-Fusion Company is kinda like the Umbrella Corp. from Resident Evil, no?

Nice work.

When I grow up (or at least buy dbpro) I wanna be juuuust like you.

Heh Heh Heh.

An Eternal Struggle between good and evil continues...Each side looking for an advantage...Each side looking for me.

Uh... What's the point of this bit?
BF game programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2005 00:52
nice work bigbrother 2000 the train looks awesom! nice model.

james bond rules and star wars

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 08:20:15
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 08:20:15