Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / definate help needed...never programmed b4

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
my name is michael and ive never ever programmed before (except for c++ from a book at my library) and now i here this is the easiest language to learn.Turns out i cant even import a model lol so i could really use some help for anything(the only thing i can do is put text onto the screen(default size and font) and loop it. i was wondering if someone could personally give me help because i couldnt find 1 thing that taught me how to do stuff.Thx email=
mad_mik3_man@hotmail.com
mr_fan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2005 10:27
try these comands:
make object cube 1,50
make camera 1,
do
cantrol camera using arrowkeys() 2,2
loop

this should make a cube on the screen
and you shold be able to move the camera
across the screen.
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2005 11:17 Edited at: 18th Mar 2005 11:52
ill help you learn , where do u want to start?

Video games…they can take you places unreachable, impossible, unfeasible. They put you in the book...they put you in the movie...they put you in a world, a world that before could only be imagined.
Digital Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2005 14:45
I wrote a little tutorial for newbies, ven though i am a newbie, but that will help with text and stuff,basics.
Copy anmd paste this link. http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=48609&b=7 Hope it helps, a bit

Working for ELB software on Realms of Tutopia!
Mik3 Burg3ss
Years of Service
User Offline
thx guys ecspecially gil galvanti im trying to learn the basics of text since the tutorials arent helping me and then have it so that there is a load screen with "save game""credits""Load Game""new game""exit" and stuff like that.thx
Mik3 Burg3ss
Years of Service
User Offline
i tried that tutorial as well and it doesnt't work.it says "Syntax error.Unknown Command."if i could get some help on that i would appreciate it, thx.
Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2005 05:54
Check your email Mik3 Burg3ss, have helped you out.
Are you using Dark Basic or Dark Basic Pro?

Drew Camerons free games - http://www.drewsgames.com/
Digital Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2005 06:48
btw on my tut - one - it is for dbpro and - two - You are meant to read it not actually compile it.

Working for ELB software on Realms of Tutopia!
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2005 07:06 Edited at: 19th Mar 2005 07:07
ok, mike so you want to make a menu im guessing? These commands will help you out with a text menu:

text xposition,yposition,"insert string here"
-This command will print text on your screen at the coordinates you give it, and it will print what you put in quotes.

set cursor x,y
-This command positions your cursor at the position you give it on the screen. This will help with the print command, because when you print something it puts it where your cursor is.

note: most screens are set at 640x480, so positioning at 320,240 would start the text in the middle of the screen, and so forth.

Do
-starts a loop(if you dont know what a loop is sry, just tell me ill explain)

Loop
-ends a loop

so try this

Im sry if this is to simple for you, just tell me

Video games…they can take you places unreachable, impossible, unfeasible. They put you in the book...they put you in the movie...they put you in a world, a world that before could only be imagined.
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2005 05:21
so....

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2005 14:16
why arent u posting anymore?

Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2005 23:08
Easy Gil...give 'em time ! or use the edit button.
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2005 23:45
hehe, k sry, they just havent posted in a while, and i want to help them

Mik3 Burg3ss
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey all, really really sorry for the super-late reply.I've been so busy with other things I forgot.Ok I tried the menu thing and it completely worked.Now I just want to learn how to make it so you can click on the words and it takes you to a different page...Thx

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 19:33:05
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 19:33:05